5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach E60-27-011-03-10 - Height Adjustable Shocks Installation/Discussion

Catamount50

Reaction score
What setting are you planning with the 6112s? Im itching to pull the trigger on them
I’m going back and forth between #6 and #7. I want to maintain some rake in the back and I’m nervous the #7 setting will be too high and give me less rake than I want. It will prob be a game time decision when they’re going in haha

CJR28

Reaction score
I’m going back and forth between #6 and #7. I want to maintain some rake in the back and I’m nervous the #7 setting will be too high and give me less rake than I want. It will prob be a game time decision when they’re going in haha
As much as I want to install them on my truck, I dont want to be the guinea pig either lol. Im happy I didnt do the 5100s on setting 5, I would of definitely would of been nose high.

SzaboTx

Reaction score
Nah, I'll be leaving the stock wheels on permanently. My intentions are to get some new tires next yr when I've put 10-15k on the OEM ones.
Hello,
I was looking at these as an alternative to the Billsteins as well, for my '19 Night Edition 2wd.
I will be using factory springs and these shocks, just on the front for leveling (with factory night edition 20" rims and eventually some 33-35s once my stock tires finally die out).
Does anyone happen to have a comparison of the Eibachs compared to the Billsteins? Assuming they have a similar ride quality, but wanted to make sure I wasn't losing anything by going with the Eibachs ( I say losing as they are cheaper).

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Does anyone happen to have a comparison of the Eibachs compared to the Billsteins? Assuming they have a similar ride quality, but wanted to make sure I wasn't losing anything by going with the Eibachs ( I say losing as they are cheaper).

Can't comment on a comparison directly - @Waterfowler41 may be able to.

I will say I still love the ride almost 2 months later.

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I unfortunately do not but I just saw Eibach finished his r&d on coilovers for our Rams so hopefully they will be releasing a Rebel kit soon!

I don’t think you can go wrong with bilsteins or eibachs. But if the coilovers come out soon, it’s an easy decision to go eibachs

agjr85

Reaction score
I just had this Eibach Pro kit installed over the weekend.
Ride feels pretty darn close to stock for the most part. You will feel less bounce when hitting potholes/etc. As in the suspension absorbs it quicker and you have control much faster.
I need to measure to confirm. I went with the first setting for the average 2.2" lift up front.

Sucky part is I leveled it to fix a minor rub issue, and that seems to have been fixed but now I have a new rubbing issue in a different area. I assume the height moved it up and now I'm rubbing. I may have to just do that trim fix.

Other thing to note, and this may be obvious for some but not for me. I dropped it off with my suspension guy and he called me to tell me that it was missing parts. Whatever the piece is that the springs rest on (Spring perch?) is not included with the kit. He had to remove them from the OEM struts and reuse them on the Eibach's. Not sure if that's the case for the Bilstein's as well.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Other thing to note, and this may be obvious for some but not for me. I dropped it off with my suspension guy and he called me to tell me that it was missing parts. Whatever the piece is that the springs rest on (Spring perch?) is not included with the kit. He had to remove them from the OEM struts and reuse them on the Eibach's. Not sure if that's the case for the Bilstein's as well.

Awesome! Thanks for the write up. I believe that is common with the Bilstein 5100s as well with regards to the spring perch. Post some pics when you get a chance.

Thekidcasual

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my correct springs installed as well as these Eibachs. I really like them. The handling feels much more controlled and bumps feel better. Ride is a little stiffer but I prefer it. Top photo is today after the install. Then there's a picture of my truck next to what I think is a stock rebel.

View attachment 72776
View attachment 72777
Did you change out th rears as well to these or just left the BTS SET up E60-27-011-03-01

Ccm12

Reaction score
I just had this Eibach Pro kit installed over the weekend.
Ride feels pretty darn close to stock for the most part. You will feel less bounce when hitting potholes/etc. As in the suspension absorbs it quicker and you have control much faster.
I need to measure to confirm. I went with the first setting for the average 2.2" lift up front.

Sucky part is I leveled it to fix a minor rub issue, and that seems to have been fixed but now I have a new rubbing issue in a different area. I assume the height moved it up and now I'm rubbing. I may have to just do that trim fix.

What are your current hub to fender measurements? Did you have ORP springs. Running a 2019 now without ORP but it has some sorta rough country spacer in it. Want to ditch that but keep the height.

Users who are viewing this thread