5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eibach E60-27-011-03-10 - Height Adjustable Shocks Installation/Discussion

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
We've got a ton of different threads surrounding the Bilstein 5100s but almost nothing about the Eibach Pro-Truck Sport Shocks that are height adjustable just like the Bilsteins. The Eibach's have a height adjustment of 0-2.75" and can be paired with Eibach springs.

They can be found here : https://eibach.com/us/2274/E60-27-011-03-10-RAM-1500-pro-truck-sport-shock

1603409011246.png

I will be having these installed when I drop off my truck tomorrow for a resolution to Spring-Gate 2020 (Built to Serve trucks not being built with the proper ORP springs). I'll return with a review and more photos after. I'll also be paring them with the MOPAR UCAs from the MOPAR 2" kit. With my proper springs and the Eibachs set at 1.8" I'm expecting to see my front end rise about 3" from where it sits currently bringing me in to about 0.5" of rake.

1603409220332.png

Last edited:

Waterfowler41

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ran this kit on my GMC when they released it back in the day, great kit. I’m holding out for their pro truck coilovers kit for my Rebel.

CJR28

Reaction score
The 5100s on setting 4 left me with about a 1/2 inch of rake. Im interested to see how the eibachs work out, ill be watching. Are you doing tires and wheels?

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nah, I'll be leaving the stock wheels on permanently. My intentions are to get some new tires next yr when I've put 10-15k on the OEM ones.

CJR28

Reaction score
Nah, I'll be leaving the stock wheels on permanently. My intentions are to get some new tires next yr when I've put 10-15k on the OEM ones.
I hit 10k on the Falkens so i figured i would take them off while i can still get a couple bucks for them. The new tires totally changed the appearance of the truck in a great way, they also drive better then the falkens. Im looking forward to getting them offroad in the snow

Catamount50

Reaction score
How did you get the Eibach's? I was told by a vendor that Eibach would not be able to send these kits out until at least the beginning of next year. I actually paid for them before the vendor apparently found out he couldn't get them and I had to change course.

Dj0mladen

Reaction score
I have their rear shocks and springs in the back of my truck. They work awesome with no issues at all. I got 0.75” lift in the back with springs and shock partnership. Their website states up to 1” of lift but I got .75”.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
How did you get the Eibach's? I was told by a vendor that Eibach would not be able to send these kits out until at least the beginning of next year. I actually paid for them before the vendor apparently found out he couldn't get them and I had to change course.
I don't think your vendor understands what he's talking about because if you follow that link you can purchase them directly from Eibach - which is exactly how I got mine.

You may be thinking of the coil overs which are not out yet.

Catamount50

Reaction score
I don't think your vendor understands what he's talking about because if you follow that link you can purchase them directly from Eibach - which is exactly how I got mine.

You may be thinking of the coil overs which are not out yet.
Yeah my bad. I was talking about the full kit with the springs and all. After I sent that, I realized you were just talking about the shocks. I’m currently reading the 33 pages of Spring-gate for our BTS trucks and I’m feeling a little gipped...

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah my bad. I was talking about the full kit with the springs and all. After I sent that, I realized you were just talking about the shocks. I’m currently reading the 33 pages of Spring-gate for our BTS trucks and I’m feeling a little gipped...

No problem and I completely understand. Luckily we’ve been through all the hard part and it should be fairly easy for you to get the right springs by getting in touch with Debbie. I have seen on Facebook where someone mentioned there was a technical bulletin sent out about the springs so it may be even easier now. Feel free to post in the thread or send me a message if you need more info on how to get that taken care of.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, I finally got my correct springs installed as well as these Eibachs. I really like them. The handling feels much more controlled and bumps feel better. Ride is a little stiffer but I prefer it. Top photo is today after the install. Then there's a picture of my truck next to what I think is a stock rebel.

916D0F54-6531-4064-9C19-A59819D9E39D.jpeg
E1F916CA-8640-4EFA-866F-F20C3A481514.jpeg

Last edited:

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Measurements -

Before was 22 in front and 24.5 in rear. After is 24.75" in front and 25.5" in rear.

Disposer

Reaction score
Well, I finally got my correct springs installed as well as these Eibachs. I really like them. The handling feels much more controlled and bumps feel better. Ride is a little stiffer but I prefer it. Top photo is today after the install. Then there's a picture of my truck next to what I think is a stock rebel.

View attachment 72776
View attachment 72777
Truck looks great!

Do you know if the Eibachs can be set on the max setting with the ORP springs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Truck looks great!

Do you know if the Eibachs can be set on the max setting with the ORP springs?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I don’t think it would be wise to do so. Also with Bilstein saying not to use the 6th and 7th position on their shocks makes me feel that way about the Eibachs. Max setting is 2.5” of average lift. So with the ORP springs you’re looking at 3.5” total. I suppose you could do it but you’d definitely want to change your UCA to something aftermarket.

Alejandro_Andretti

Reaction score

View attachment 72776
View attachment 72777
Damn that’s what it looks like with the Right Springs my dealership just ordered mines and I also took a pic next to a rebel can’t wait for mine to come in

Attachments

• 7DB933E4-A373-4A54-B04E-316EDB65C874.jpeg
    7DB933E4-A373-4A54-B04E-316EDB65C874.jpeg
    181.9 KB · Views: 174

Catamount50

Reaction score
That looks great man. I contacted Ram Care on Saturday, and I was already being contacted by the infamous Debbie by Monday. My truck is going into the dealership tomorrow so they can verify my springs and then get the right ones ordered. Since they have to remove the front springs anyway, I'm gonna see if they'll just throw on my Bilstein 6112's instead. I mean it's essentially the exact same amount of work!

CJR28

Reaction score
That looks great man. I contacted Ram Care on Saturday, and I was already being contacted by the infamous Debbie by Monday. My truck is going into the dealership tomorrow so they can verify my springs and then get the right ones ordered. Since they have to remove the front springs anyway, I'm gonna see if they'll just throw on my Bilstein 6112's instead. I mean it's essentially the exact same amount of work!
What setting are you planning with the 6112s? Im itching to pull the trigger on them

Users who are viewing this thread