5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EGR Cab Spoiler Fitment

vadedram

Reaction score
Question for anyone who has installed the EGR Cab Spoiler. How well does its' shape fit the cab? I got mine in, but it doesn't seem to really fit perfectly. Looks like I would have to hold it down on the cab for the entire time it takes for the adhesive to dry. I highly doubt tape will hold it down as much as it needs to be held down while it dries. Also, is it supposed to seal all around the third brake light, and/or is a gap supposed to be there for water to drain off the roof?

PorBoy

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello I didn’t have to hold mine but I did use clear silicone and yes there is a gap near that area.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do you have the pano sunroof? I recall seeing somewhere that it did not fit trucks with the sunroof as the roof is shaped slightly different.

vadedram

Reaction score
Yeah, no pano/sun roof for me either. To be totally honest here. I bought my Ram Rebel used. It looks like the previous owner hit the sharkfin antenna on something (seems to be a normal occurrence as there is a thread here where many have done this). Anyways, that area of my roof is kinda messed up (the reason for buying the spoiler to help hide it. However, it still seems to be off near the edges of the spoiler also. I was just trying to see how off it is normally, compared to how off it is with my messed up antenna area. I fixed it as much as possible. Ill go with a silicone also, that way its easy to remove if it doesnt look right. My main concern is it holding water inside of the spoiler because it doesnt seal up nice.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was thinking about one, but opted out based on the above concern and the fact I'll need to have it painted to match the truck.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I thought that all RAMs had a Sharkfin on the roof...is that not the case? Most of my experience is with the upper trim levels.
They do. I believe he was asking if he removed when installing his cab spoiler.

2020 Bighorn Night Edition, 5.7 Hemi w/eTorque

Users who are viewing this thread