5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edmunds 2019 Sierra Denali first drive

D

Deleted member 85

I feel as though FCA is intentionally withholding putting the 6.4L or 7.0L into the Ram 1500 for the first model year(s) as a way to garner more transactions in the future. I foresee 2020 Ram 1500s having one or both of those options.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As a former Chevy guy (two new, six used over the years), the brand seems uninspired. The headlamps are "Fordish" and the dash is simply bad--as others have noted. Unless the ride has been ratcheted up a notch, the truck will languish before Ford--and Ram.

At a time when grills are getting more proportionate--GM goes and does an Audi on Steroids. My 2 cents, which is all its worth , give or take 2 pennies.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The lack of forward thinking in the Denali overall design was shocking. Other than the ridiculous tailgate and heads up display (both silly old ideas) that was such a disappointment. Ram has the edge on design... they just have to catch up on optional power plant configs for the higher trims... we'll open the wallets FCA!

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
The lack of forward thinking in the Denali overall design was shocking. Other than the ridiculous tailgate and heads up display (both silly old ideas) that was such a disappointment. Ram has the edge on design... they just have to catch up on optional power plant configs for the higher trims... we'll open the wallets FCA!
It felt like GM thought of a few innovative ideas for the new truck and then just called is a day. The RAM felt like a more top to bottom rethink of their truck platform. Though I'm extremely biased so take my comments with a grain of salt.

Reaction score
Boy am I happy I went with the Ram! If GM had not treated me so horribly with all of the troubles with my 2017 Denali, I likely would have blindly bought a new Denali without even driving the Ram and never would have known what I was missing. Thank you GM for your atrocious customer service!

Users who are viewing this thread