5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edge pulsar

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did anyone experience radio and other functions not working temporarily right after install???

My 360 degree and backup camera didn’t work for a few minutes. I drove araound for 10 minutes or so with the Pulsar in performance mode, which I love, stopped the truck, restarted it, and the cameras were working as usual. No issues since. And I can’t take it out of performance mode. But that’s just the little boy in me. :love:

lambone

Reaction score
I’ve had some weird things happen since I installed mine.

Once at a stop sign I got a bunch of different flashing warnings all over the dash. It happened so quick I couldn’t even keep track of them. They disappeared and the check engine light came on. As I pulled away from the stop sign it was like I had no throttle. So I pulled over and turned the truck off and back on again. Throttle power came back but the engine light remained on. It turned off by itself after a couple more starts.

Then yesterday my check engine light came on again. But immediately went off after a restart.

I wonder what codes my computer has on it now??

myram2019

Reaction score
I sent mine back for a refund. Too risky being plugged into the computer directly.Too many things can go wrong as you saw yourself lights flashing and losing throttle. Gonna pickup pedal commander.

Lennstang

Reaction score
I am running the Pedal Commander set to city +2 with the Edge Pulsar set on performance mds off. Runs like a raped ape. No surge and you can feel the hp difference.
Just installed it on mine. Very impressed!

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder what codes my computer has on it now??
I recommend getting an inexpensive code reader. I use a Bluetooth to OBDII adapter and the Torque app for Android on my phone. Total cost is $20. Other options are available for iOS which requires WiFi.

Vgate OBD2 Scanner iCar2 OBDII Bluetooth Version Diagnostic Tool Work for Android/PC Device

John

Reaction score
I have a Pulsar tuner for sale. Used one month and is in perfect condition $350. TYD. Text me at 707-731-7789 for pictures!

John.

whetrick1

Reaction score
I sent mine back for a refund. Too risky being plugged into the computer directly.Too many things can go wrong as you saw yourself lights flashing and losing throttle. Gonna pickup pedal commander.

That's what I got and I'm enjoying mine. Got mine on sale at nickgotexhaust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DonsRam19

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Here's a video of the pedal Commander install for our trucks if anyone was thinking of going this route instead. It's very easy to install and to uninstall for warranty work.

Bigcountry

Reaction score
Sorry for the dumb question. Can someone explain to me the difference between the pulsar and say the Tazer?

Unluckier

Reaction score
Don't think that's an option for the Pulsar
Yes you can adjust tire size, I'm selling my pulsar if anyone is interested. I used it on my 2019 Ram limited with no issues. Trading in the truck is the only reason for selling it. Will come with update cable as well. Email with questions and pics [email protected] $450 shipped

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes you can adjust tire size, I'm selling my pulsar if anyone is interested. I used it on my 2019 Ram limited with no issues. Trading in the truck is the only reason for selling it. Will come with update cable as well. Email with questions and pics [email protected] $450 shipped
I think that is only in the newer updated ones, not the older ones like I have

Vinnie.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. I'm starting to want some more performance out of my truck. I know I have a rebel and they aren't meant to be fast... but the TRX is an off-road truck that really scoots.

I'm familiar with Cobb Accessport and how it works in regards to custom tunes. I have zero knowledge in regards to the pulsar/hemi tuning. I haven't reached out to jay greene racing yet, I figured I would ask some questions here first.

Does the pulsar only have canned/premade tunes that you can select?
Can you flash custom tunes to the ecu with the pulsar, or is more software needed?
Can you datalog with the pulsar? for instance if i flash a tune can i do some WOT pulls and log all the data to send back to a tuner and make revisions?

Again sorry for my ignorance on the subject and thanks for any info.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Excuse my ignorance. I'm starting to want some more performance out of my truck. I know I have a rebel and they aren't meant to be fast... but the TRX is an off-road truck that really scoots.

I'm familiar with Cobb Accessport and how it works in regards to custom tunes. I have zero knowledge in regards to the pulsar/hemi tuning. I haven't reached out to jay greene racing yet, I figured I would ask some questions here first.

Does the pulsar only have canned/premade tunes that you can select?
Can you flash custom tunes to the ecu with the pulsar, or is more software needed?
Can you datalog with the pulsar? for instance if i flash a tune can i do some WOT pulls and log all the data to send back to a tuner and make revisions?

Again sorry for my ignorance on the subject and thanks for any info.
Pulsar is only canned tunes. They advertise a future update to allow custom tunes, but doesn't seem like that is a priority for them. No datalogging ability from the Pulsar. It's basically a modern piggy back Jet chip with selectable tunes.

whetrick1

Reaction score
Yeah I tried one but didn't like the way it performs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread