5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Edge pulsar

19 streak

Reaction score
I've tried searching and can't come up with much. Has anyone had the chance to try out the pulsar for our 19s? For the price of it I'm really concidering the advantages. Turning off mds and adjusting tire sizes is nice in itself. It would basically replace the pedal commander as well because it looks like the adjustability for pedal response would be similar. Any thoughts?

jamesfg

Reaction score
You and me both....with throwing a lift on the truck I'm going to need the module to reprogram the speedo. For the extra money I'm considering the Pulsar but would like some feedback if it is worth it.

19BlkRam

Reaction score
You and me both....with throwing a lift on the truck I'm going to need the module to reprogram the speedo. For the extra money I'm considering the Pulsar but would like some feedback if it is worth it.

I read on another forum based on the 2018's and older a few people ran into issues with surging while using the pulsars so I decided to wait a little longer to let them clear up there programming before being a guinea pig lol but the concept seems pretty cool, I had a Diablosport on my 2012 and it worked great but always had issues at the dealer with them blaming it for any of the multiple electrical flaws in that truck.

Keep us posted if anyone jumps on one of these...

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I read on another forum based on the 2018's and older a few people ran into issues with surging while using the pulsars so I decided to wait a little longer to let them clear up there programming before being a guinea pig lol but the concept seems pretty cool, I had a Diablosport on my 2012 and it worked great but always had issues at the dealer with them blaming it for any of the multiple electrical flaws in that truck.

Keep us posted if anyone jumps on one of these...
That's why you have to remove anytime u take in for repairing services. And that's why I wouldn't get the Pulsar.

Accountant

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm torn on this as well. It's a fast install/removal but that surging bothers me.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am running the Pedal Commander set to city +2 with the Edge Pulsar set on performance mds off. Runs like a raped ape. No surge and you can feel the hp difference.
Any idea how much hp the Pulsar gives? Any proof?

19 streak

Reaction score
Is their any realistic dates for when tuning will be available? I'd really like to look into a charger for mine but until tuning has been figured out I'm sitting twiddling my thumbs

J-Bone

Reaction score
Any idea how much hp the Pulsar gives? Any proof?
No proof, but Edge claims 30/30 on their site. I removed it to take in for warranty work and I couldn’t wait to get her back and put back in. Gives it the extra kick in the pants and throttle response we all expect from the Hemi.

lrobbi

Reaction score
This was actually my second quick modification I did... Pulsar Edge and the Pedal Commander. Really can feel the difference, and its pretty simply to take off if I need to take it in for warranty work - 4 screws out, remove the Pulsar and replace Factor screws w/ground wire. Can speak to the HP gain, but its VERY nice difference. Used it in towing as well - its a keeper for me.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This was actually my second quick modification I did... Pulsar Edge and the Pedal Commander. Really can feel the difference, and its pretty simply to take off if I need to take it in for warranty work - 4 screws out, remove the Pulsar and replace Factor screws w/ground wire. Can speak to the HP gain, but its VERY nice difference. Used it in towing as well - its a keeper for me.
I will likely be picking one up. I messed up and got the 3.21 gears thinking I wouldn't be putting anything bigger than a 34" tire on. Now I want a lift and 35s. Curious if the Pulsar would allow me to run the 35s without the power loss and 7-8 shifting on the highway. With the 34s, I hardly notice any difference from the stock 32s.

RamRebelSteel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will likely be picking one up. I messed up and got the 3.21 gears thinking I wouldn't be putting anything bigger than a 34" tire on. Now I want a lift and 35s. Curious if the Pulsar would allow me to run the 35s without the power loss and 7-8 shifting on the highway. With the 34s, I hardly notice any difference from the stock 32s.
It should feel the same if not maybe even a tad better.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I thought the Pulsar did the same thing as the pedal commander? Am I missing something?

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should feel the same if not maybe even a tad better.
That's what I'm thinking. Just got to make sure I won't have fitment issues. Most lifts require no more than 5" of backspacing. My wheels are 5.38" but the Rough Country 6" lift only needs less than 5.5" backspacing. Just don't want to run into any issues.

Last edited:

RT70808

Reaction score
I am running the Pedal Commander set to city +2 with the Edge Pulsar set on performance mds off. Runs like a raped ape. No surge and you can feel the hp difference.
What’s your mpg look like?

Joker4L

Reaction score
I too am interested in this but if I would be required to change to 91 then the little mpg gain would be thrown out the window with the additional fuel cost. Would make no sense

Users who are viewing this thread