5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EDGE Pulsar and CAI

Reaction score
Has anyone here installed a CAI and the Pulsar performance tune on a 2021 Hemi Etorque? I've seen videos that claim the Pulsar will add 30rwhp and 30rwtq on the performance (91 octane) tune. If it's even close to that, the Pulsar and a CAI should put the output of the 5.7 hemi at 450hp/450tq at the crank. Thinking about both, since that would lay waste to the GM 6.2L which is tuned for 91 octane right off the lot.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You should be aware that advertised HP and TQ gains are generally not what you will see in real life, they are based on carefully controlled circumstances and represent what the company calculates the max gains to be. Also, add-on power gains are not cumulative. For example: advertised 30 hp for CAI, advertised 30 hp for tuner, advertised 30 hp for headers, will not net you 90 more hp, you would more likely see less than half of that. Think of it this way: If the Pulsar could give you 30 more HP with a stock airbox and exhaust, then wouldn't the manufacturer install higher flowing exhaust and intake, and then advertise that higher power number?

Having said that, if you are wanting your truck to feel more responsive, and sound better, a combo of tuner, CAI and exhaust will definitely get you there. I am absolutely not bashing upgrades - I have never seen a stock vehicle that couldn't be made to perform better. I have been eying the Pulsar myself, knowing that every little change I do to my truck makes it that much more enjoyable. I say go for it, and let us know how you like it!

MagicA4

Reaction score
30 hp is hard to believe for a NA engine. I've a piggyback tune on my 911 and it supposedly adds 60hp .. that is on a twin turbo!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I would stay away from the Pulsar. Too many people have had issues with them and finally gave up. Not ready for prime time IMPO. In addition, a CAI will do very little to boost performance. I suggest you buy a high quality reusable drop in filter and cut out the carbon filter. The result will be the same and you spent $41 instead of $300. If the LOOKS are worth the other $259, then buy a S&B and call it a day.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Just for everyone's reference, I'm not new to modding, drag racing or engine building, LOL. I have an 800hp 4th Gen Camaro that will be seeing a single turbo setup in the near future to see 1000+. I was simply curious if anyone had any proven results with these engines. As for the turbo Porsche only picking up 60hp from a tune, that's way too low for a tuned turbo car. You can pick a 60hp from tuning a bone stock Ford Fiesta ST.

D52670

Reaction score
I installed one on my 2021 1500 limited W/air ride. It does wake it up. I wrote a write up on it, in another post.

Attachments

• F0495F81-5370-4597-AE4A-E19285C6FDE2.jpeg
    F0495F81-5370-4597-AE4A-E19285C6FDE2.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 54
Reaction score
I installed one on my 2021 1500 limited W/air ride. It does wake it up. I wrote a write up on it, in another post.
How many miles have you had it installed? Any issues? Also, what mode are you primarily driving in and what octane fuel are you using? Thanks!

Wazookaa

Reaction score
I have a 2019 hemi with the pulsar and K&N 77-1578KP CAI with a borla atak exhaust. It’s a completely different beast now and the smiles per mile are endless. Does it add the stated HP? I don’t think so, but the responsiveness is night and day. The truck is light on its feet and dramatically changes the driving experience. In my opinion it’s worth every penny to add this set up.

D52670

Reaction score
How many miles have you had it installed? Any issues? Also, what mode are you primarily driving in and what octane fuel are you using? Thanks!
I installed it with 500 miles on my truck and it now has 1050. So far, when I first installed it I drove around the neighborhood and it worked fine. I then parked in my driveway and **** it off. About an hour later I went to the store. I made it about 4 blocks from my house when my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and it went into a limp mode, wouldn’t go over 20. I pulled over, shut it off and restarted. All the lights were off except the check engine. It drove fine. About 3 miles later the check engine shut off and I haven’t had an issue again yet.
I’m driving a 2021 Ram 1500 limited on air ride. My last tank I did fill up with 92 octane as it recommends. I’m only about half way through that tank now.
I’m in the process of installing a 2in leveling kit. Then I’ll use the recalibration part of it for my tires.

Reaction score
I installed it with 500 miles on my truck and it now has 1050. So far, when I first installed it I drove around the neighborhood and it worked fine. I then parked in my driveway and **** it off. About an hour later I went to the store. I made it about 4 blocks from my house when my dash lit up like a Christmas tree and it went into a limp mode, wouldn’t go over 20. I pulled over, shut it off and restarted. All the lights were off except the check engine. It drove fine. About 3 miles later the check engine shut off and I haven’t had an issue again yet.
I’m driving a 2021 Ram 1500 limited on air ride. My last tank I did fill up with 92 octane as it recommends. I’m only about half way through that tank now.
I’m in the process of installing a 2in leveling kit. Then I’ll use the recalibration part of it for my tires.
The warning light/limp mode issues are what have me concerned. I'm not sure I'm willing to deal with that on a 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread