5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EcoDiesel Payload Numbers

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Can anybody post their door sticker payload numbers? From looking online some reviews say the diesel is heavier than the Hemi and others say it's lighter. Just curious. I have an etorque long box 4x4 and my payload is abysmal at 1180lbs.

Does anybody know if the diesel is actually lighter than the Hemi?

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
20200415_232259.jpg

Payload depends on your options. Mikes a 2020 Longhorn 4x4 with air suspension, no pano, ram boxes, shortbed and 3.92. Tires too. Mine are the 22"

Normal suspension and 2wd gives you about 300-500lbs more each.

My truck weighs 5500lbs.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That's horrendous for a full size truck.

Mine is 1,647 lbs. Bighorn CC 4x4 with several options.

I would never even consider a pickup with less than 1,500 lbs. of payload. The Jeep Gladiator I traded in had a 1,511 payload.

Anything less than 1,500 and you run into serious issues quickly if you have a family and try to ever tow anything more than 4,000 lbs. in total weight. You can run out of legal capacity FAST.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I think
That's horrendous for a full size truck.

Mine is 1,647 lbs. Bighorn CC 4x4 with several options.

I would never even consider a pickup with less than 1,500 lbs. of payload. The Jeep Gladiator I traded in had a 1,511 payload.

Anything less than 1,500 and you run into serious issues quickly if you have a family and try to ever tow anything more than 4,000 lbs. in total weight. You can run out of legal capacity FAST.
Yeah I think I have one of the heaviest trucks out there.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
@SpeedyV was our reining lowest payload/heaviest truck champion.

1069. We figured when someone came with a similar truck with the multifunction tailgate his crown would be lost. So far I haven't noticed anyone with that truck.

The eco diesel gets you 100 more pounds of GVWR. 7200 for the diesel 4x4 and 7100 for the Hemi 4x4.

@J-Cooz I just realized that you truck is a Hemi.

I do believe the diesel weighs more than a Hemi. There is also many more things added on the diesel like DEF...so yes over all the diesel truck will weigh more than the Hemi...even if the motors may be similar in weight.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
View attachment 54994

Payload depends on your options. Mikes a 2020 Longhorn 4x4 with air suspension, no pano, ram boxes, shortbed and 3.92. Tires too. Mine are the 22"

Normal suspension and 2wd gives you about 300-500lbs more each.

My truck weighs 5500lbs.
Your truck should weight 5820. Did you weigh it?

You said it is a 4x4 correct?

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

1069. We figured when someone came with a similar truck with the multifunction tailgate his crown would be lost. So far I haven't noticed anyone with that truck.

The eco diesel gets you 100 more pounds of GVWR. 7200 for the diesel 4x4 and 7100 for the Hemi 4x4.

I do believe the diesel weighs more than a Hemi. There is also many more things added on the diesel like DEF...so yes over all the diesel truck will weigh more than the Hemi...even if the motors may be similar in weight.
I read somewhere it is 190lbs less than the Hemi with etorque. From watching a few reviews too they said the diesel feels lighter on the front end, but who knows.

Wow, Speedy has one fat truck!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I read somewhere it is 190lbs less than the Hemi with etorque. From watching a few reviews too they said the diesel feels lighter on the front end, but who knows.

Wow, Speedy has one fat truck!
Interesting. I would not have thought that and figured the increase GVWR came by way of the front axle weight rating.

I have not seen a new payload chart for the 2020s. Guess I need to do some research.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I don't remember the thread, but someone claimed to be under 1,000 lb payload. I'd like to see that window sticker..."certified less than 1/2-ton" :)

adam750pl

Reaction score
Limited Ecodiesel
ae0a581a18bf891f28fc12fa4330c83c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

adam750pl

Reaction score
Still much better then my 2016 Longhorn Ecodiesel with 746 lbs of payload

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Still much better then my 2016 Longhorn Ecodiesel with 746 lbs of payload

That's laughable. A Jeep Wrangler has more payload than that.

What does a guy do with 550 lbs of payload (assuming the driver is a couple hundred)? You can't even haul a 4x4 utility ATV at that point.

I got a survey about my new truck yesterday. I lit FCA up over the coil spring suspension and subsequent loss of payload and usefulness. This truck does not ride any better than the Silverados and F-150s I've had in the past. I'd rather have leaf springs and usable payload in a half-ton truck.

Users who are viewing this thread