5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ecodiesel Lift

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
What kits are you all putting on or has any dealer released a new kit? Everything says does not fit diesel.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve had 3 different “lifts” on my ORG already. Readylift 2” leveling/ rear spacer, Fox 2.0 fronts/ rear spacer, and fox 2.5 fronts/ rear spacer. The incompatibility comes in at a 4” lift. The front driveshaft will be short after installing any 4”+ lift. I think the answer will be a double u-joint on the driveshaft, but I’m not going to go that route since I’ll most likely be trading in next year.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
I’ve had 3 different “lifts” on my ORG already. Readylift 2” leveling/ rear spacer, Fox 2.0 fronts/ rear spacer, and fox 2.5 fronts/ rear spacer. The incompatibility comes in at a 4” lift. The front driveshaft will be short after installing any 4”+ lift. I think the answer will be a double u-joint on the driveshaft, but I’m not going to go that route since I’ll most likely be trading in next year.
Which lift did you like best? I saw Bilstein has 5100 available now for our trucks. Wondering if the 2.5” .

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Which lift did you like best? I saw Bilstein has 5100 available now for our trucks. Wondering if the 2.5” .
Fox by far. The ride is excellent on the street. I haven’t done any real off roading, so I can’t speak to that. There is one lift kit that I left off of here because I bought it for my hemi 5th gen, which is the eibach kit. That one was pretty good also, but the springs were pretty firm and I would’ve preferred less compression on the front shocks. I don’t have any experience with the bilsteins since they were on back order every time I tried to get them.

ErnestRocks19

Reaction score
I think our trucks only weigh 50lbs more or less than the hemi. Dealer tried selling a ready lift 3.5 sst but my initial experience with that kit on my hemi was it was terrible ride. Want a suspension lift not spacers.

Reaction score
I gave up looking on lifts because of the driveshaft.

I have 2.5F/1.5R spacers going in on Tuesday. I have never lifted or leveled any of my trucks before and wanted the Eibach kit, but a local installer told me he would do the motofab spacers for $599 installed, aligned, and out the door. I'm going that route because my truck is new and I decided that I didn't want to change the stock struts/shocks until they needed to be changed. My truck only sees pavement and will never go off-road. I'll try the spacers and if I don't like them, then I'll have him install the Eibachs or Bilsteins.

Users who are viewing this thread