5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EcoDiesel Compatible Lift's

KOOPS

Reaction score
What lift are you guys running for the 5th Gen EcoDiesels? Post up pics, and specs for front and rear, please.

I was looking at the 4" BDS lift kit, but unfortunately their website states it does not fit the EcoDiesel model.

Also, the Fabtech 3" lift kit with Dirt Logic 2.50 Coilover shocks doesn't fit the diesel model either according to their website. Edit: fabtech email stated they just say it doesn't fit, because they officially haven't tested it on a diesel model yet. I am assuming it will work just fine.

Last edited:

jasnak

Reaction score
What lift are you guys running for the 5th Gen EcoDiesels? Post up pics, and specs for front and rear, please.

I was looking at the 4" BDS lift kit, but unfortunately their website states it does not fit the EcoDiesel model.

Also, the Fabtech 3" lift kit with Dirt Logic 2.50 Coilover shocks doesn't fit the diesel model either according to their website. Edit: fabtech email stated they just say it doesn't fit, because they officially haven't tested it on a diesel model yet. I am assuming it will work just fine.
I got a 6 inch bds lift on my 2020 ecodiesel

myles

Reaction score

as far as i know they are the same, my mopar lift said it doesnt fit the ecodiesel but it does... think companies just haven't their info

Circa916

Reaction score
I got a 6 inch bds lift on my 2020 ecodiesel
Did you get the standard BDS 6in or w/coil
-overs. And did they have to do any modifications? I’ve been looking everywhere and all anyone says is they don’t fit ecodiesels unless it’s the most basic kit with no springs.

jasnak

Reaction score
Did you get the standard BDS 6in or w/coil
-overs. And did they have to do any modifications? I’ve been looking everywhere and all anyone says is they don’t fit ecodiesels unless it’s the most basic kit with no springs.
The standard bds 6inch.

Jmetzfa5

Reaction score
I got this response from zone as to why the lift won’t fit the eco diesel. Some people are still running them so I don’t know who to believe 🤷🏻‍♂️
D7538894-A720-42F0-8196-AE3A40E81638.png

Dragonmaster13

Reaction score
Interesting that ram would relocate the transfer case and tranny to accommodate the ED. Wonder if we have an ED and gas member close by that could measure the front and rear drive shafts to confirm? Usually the balance of the drive line is the same and they move the engine mounts to accommodate so as many parts as possible are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

skyknight209

Reaction score
as far as i know they are the same, my mopar lift said it doesnt fit the ecodiesel but it does... think companies just haven't their info
So I have a 21 ED and just ordered the Mopar kit online. You have this lift and it works fine? I'm unsure as to why they would exclude the ED in this lift.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting that ram would relocate the transfer case and tranny to accommodate the ED. Wonder if we have an ED and gas member close by that could measure the front and rear drive shafts to confirm? Usually the balance of the drive line is the same and they move the engine mounts to accommodate so as many parts as possible are the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would like to see this as well. I may try to crawl under a truck at the local dealer tonight to take measurements and compare to mine.

If the front shaft is shorter, then the rear shaft is longer, and a lot of mounting points are altered too. Why would Ram spend this extra $$$? I won't believe it until I measure it.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would like to see this as well. I may try to crawl under a truck at the local dealer tonight to take measurements and compare to mine.

If the front shaft is shorter, then the rear shaft is longer, and a lot of mounting points are altered too. Why would Ram spend this extra $$$? I won't believe it until I measure it.

So I crawled up under a DT body Ram 1500 Hemi 4x4 with the 48-12 t-case and threw a tape measure on the front driveshaft. It is, in fact, longer than the front shaft in my EcoD with the 48-11 t-case. The EcoD shaft is 5 inches shorter. Interesting......

myles

Reaction score
So I have a 21 ED and just ordered the Mopar kit online. You have this lift and it works fine? I'm unsure as to why they would exclude the ED in this lift.
Ya it fits fine on my 2020 with regular suspension, and I don't think anything changed for 2021. I'm guessing who ever puts together their website didn't get the correct info.

PNWDiesel

Reaction score
I have the King shocks up front which got me ~3 inches lift up front (600lb rate springs), and the MaxxCoil variable rate springs in the rear which gave me a 2.25 inch lift (not perfectly level, but damn close). No spacers used.

Roaminglost

Reaction score
I have the King shocks up front which got me ~3 inches lift up front (600lb rate springs), and the MaxxCoil variable rate springs in the rear which gave me a 2.25 inch lift (not perfectly level, but damn close). No spacers used.
do you have photos of this setup?

its_legendary

Reaction score
Has anyone had any issues with any of the lift kits installed on their eco diesel? I've searched everywhere and no one can confirm that their lift kit fits an eco diesel besides SST saying their leveling kit works. Im looking to get a 3in lift but don't want any driveshaft issues. I would prefer BDS but they confirmed that their lift does not fit.

GonzaRebel1500

Reaction score

I just got the fab tech 3 in K3168M lift in my 2020 Rebel ED everything good so far I does feel a little bit loose but this is just temporary till bds comes with the kit for my truck 89618666-A809-4F24-94AF-0CE2C31D3D92.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread