5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

EcoDiesel Compatible Lift's

Mattiusmaximus1216

Reaction score
I looked and saw they came with a spring. They don't list the 6112 as being compatible on the bilstein website though. We're you able to special order them with the higher lb spring?

The ecoD from my understanding only weighs 50 lbs +/- more than the hemi, so unless your running a winch or bumper not too sure if the weight plays a major role. In my case it made the truck perfectly leveled. I think bilstien only makes HD springs for the 6112s for Toyota platforms

Whitenight

Reaction score
Just called BDS. The rep I spoke to said the 3" 2.5 elite coilover lift WILL work for the ED 1500s. He said it's when you go higher than 3 that issues can occur. He said you don't need a higher lb spring either, so I would imagine the cheaper 2.0 CO lifts would work fine also.

Reaction score
The ecoD from my understanding only weighs 50 lbs +/- more than the hemi, so unless your running a winch or bumper not too sure if the weight plays a major role. In my case it made the truck perfectly leveled. I think bilstien only makes HD springs for the 6112s for Toyota platforms
Good info. I also assumed that the ED weighed more than the Hemi. Google also says their isn't much difference weight wise either.
Just called BDS. The rep I spoke to said the 3" 2.5 elite coilover lift WILL work for the ED 1500s. He said it's when you go higher than 3 that issues can occur. He said you don't need a higher lb spring either, so I would imagine the cheaper 2.0 CO lifts would work fine also.
$3,800 for that 3" PE Coilover kit. Ouch.

Thanks for the info. This makes me feel better about going with the Eibach kit, if the 6112 or 5100 kits are unavailable or hard to find. The Eibach's are also getting tough to source as well.

Whitenight

Reaction score
Good info. I also assumed that the ED weighed more than the Hemi. Google also says their isn't much difference weight wise either.

$3,800 for that 3" PE Coilover kit. Ouch.

Thanks for the info. This makes me feel better about going with the Eibach kit, if the 6112 or 5100 kits are unavailable or hard to find. The Eibach's are also getting tough to source as well.
I was really getting interested in the 6112 and 5160 bilstein kit, but then I started looking up their winter performance. They get rusty fast and start leaking with their first winter Temps from what I read. Since I'm from Minnesota I'm gonna eliminate them from my options.

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was really getting interested in the 6112 and 5160 bilstein kit, but then I started looking up their winter performance. They get rusty fast and start leaking with their first winter Temps from what I read. Since I'm from Minnesota I'm gonna eliminate them from my options.
thats all suspensions …. my fox got rust on springs and so did my 6112

i think it will just be replace the springs every two years 😂🤕

Whitenight

Reaction score
thats all suspensions …. my fox got rust on springs and so did my 6112

i think it will just be replace the springs every two years 😂🤕
Not so worried about the springs, more about the seals. People on the taco forum from salt states said it only took one winter for them to start leaking. I can hose the springs down with fluid film to slow down the cancer 😆

ayoslickxd

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not so worried about the springs, more about the seals. People on the taco forum from salt states said it only took one winter for them to start leaking. I can hose the springs down with fluid film to slow down the cancer 😆
they came painted and still rusted like no other … i dont know about the salt. tbh i think thats because people dont got some sense ( leaving the salt sit and settle )if you see salt a simple rinse off would help a long way … im in nyc lots of salt and then also in vermont wheree its like ft of snow lol

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You could look for some strut boots. I’ve never tried it so I don’t have measurements, but it’s an option. I know KYB brand exist, but again, don’t know measurements to cross-reference with our trucks. One time in the past, I saw a canvas-type waterproof material with a zipper down the side covering the entire strut on a custom crawler JK. Everything except body panels on the JK were custom, but its an example of how DIY stuff does work also.

Warlock1

Reaction score
well gents im happy to confirm the pro comp 6" stage 1 fits great! they use a spacer for the front drive shaft and bracketry to achieve proper angles. pretty darn happy with it. haven't measured it out, but visually it sits dead nuts level.
Hey Boss when you get some time can you do a couple of things for me?
1- Will you snap some pics of the spacer and the bracket?
2- Will you measure the thickness of the spacer?
3- Lots of pictures of the bracket since you said it changed the angles?

I have reached out to several people to get this info and no one will reply. I had to do the same thing to another truck I lifted and reclocking the diff and a longer driveshaft did the trick on that one.
Thanks

Warlock1

Reaction score
I got this response from zone as to why the lift won’t fit the eco diesel. Some people are still running them so I don’t know who to believe 🤷🏻‍♂️
View attachment 86936
Who is running the Zone 4" lift? Can you send me their screen names? I want to contact them and see if they are having issues and what they did to remedy that. I have an idea for a fix, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel if I don't have to. I have a handfull of machinist buddies that can make spacers for the driveshaft and to reclock the front diff. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread