5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ECO not lighting up

lawn4cr

Reaction score
Hi all,
My ECO mode doesn't seem to ever activate. I see it light up very infrequently and normally in the range of 23MPH (50KPH) - 27MPH (60KPH). Second Ram I've owned so I'm familiar as to when it would come on. Last night I was at 45MPH (100KPH), 1500RPM, long straight stretch, cruise control. ECO never lit up.
Looking for a little help on this one.
Thanks so much! IMG_3770.jpeg

lawn4cr

Reaction score
It doesn't take much engine load to turn off 4-cylinder mode.
Is Tow/Haul mode is enabled? That'll keep it off.

Steve
No it sure isn't. I can say with full confidence the ECO never comes on at any cruising speed.

raygun9

Reaction score
No it sure isn't. I can say with full confidence the ECO never comes on at any cruising speed.
Is it turmed off in the settings? There is an option to disable it showing in the cluster.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

JOzzz

Reaction score
I had the dashboard Christmas tree lighting from the pedal commander. After that, it never came on again even after resetting codes and removing the PC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gobassin

Reaction score
Hmmmm... Does your Pedal Commander have a disengage setting. Maybe a disengage would allow the ECO light to show more frequently....

mopar mark

Reaction score
Have a 22 rebel, mine only seems to come on when I let off the gas, comes on for maybe 10-20 sec then turns off

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Mine rarely comes on. For sure never when any throttle is applied. Mostly only when coasting down hill.

amaliks

Reaction score
Hi all,
My ECO mode doesn't seem to ever activate. I see it light up very infrequently and normally in the range of 23MPH (50KPH) - 27MPH (60KPH). Second Ram I've owned so I'm familiar as to when it would come on. Last night I was at 45MPH (100KPH), 1500RPM, long straight stretch, cruise control. ECO never lit up.
Looking for a little help on this one.
Thanks so much! View attachment 173849
ECO turns on every time its a long stretched road and steady speed, provided i am not using cruise control. Under cruise control it never turns on despite driving under the same conditions.

lawn4cr

Reaction score
Is it turmed off in the settings? There is an option to disable it showing in the cluster.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk
It is on. The weird thing is it does "occasionally" comes on at lower speeds. Maybe once or twice every 2 weeks.

Yzcr87

Reaction score
I've noticed quite a variance in MDS from truck to truck. A family member has a 20' Limited thats optioned very close to my 23' Laramie. Both Hemi, 4x4, 3.92, 5'7" bed & very close payloads. The 20' will hold 70mph with "eco" on & got a hand calculated average of 19.5 & a bit over 20mpg over two tanks on a trip I took with it. I've even noticed "eco" staying on when the current mpg readout showed as low at 18mpg at times. Noticed a buddies 19' Bighorn with 3.92's keeping MDS activated at 70mph too. My 23' at 22,000 miles cant come close to the same. 18mpg is my best tank under ideal conditions while driving in the interest of economy. Most of the time its low 17's, all hand calculated. On my 23', coasting downhill with "eco" on at 70mph & gently applying throttle dropping the current mpg readout slowly, eco turns off once the current mpg readout shows 50mpg. At 55mpg is turn off at 30mpg. Frustrating.

JF19Longhorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine seems to only comes on when I'm going downhill, under 45mph, with a strong tailwind, and acouple midgets pushing from the back.. :sneaky:

Been like that since new and I'm somewhere in the 62k+ mile range now

Banderas44

Reaction score
January 11th, just purchased a 2024 RAM1500, Eco rarely comes on, mainly coasting to a stop. Truck seems 3-4mpg under what it should be. My previous two 1500 hemi’s got 18 mpg. 20 at 65mph, 23 at 5mph

JOzzz

Reaction score
So an update on mine. Not sure where or when it happened, but after updating Uconnect, removing pedal commander and swapping the battery, the option for the light to come on was then turned off in settings. After turning it back on, I am getting eco light again. MDS was engaging before just no light even though it was turned on previously in settings.

As far as when it comes on, pretty regularly when I am not in tow/haul mode. Once I reach speed anywhere from 30-65 and during braking. Note that I live in Florida and the only hills we have are overpasses. Also have a CAI, TBS and Corsa exhaust. Not sure if that changes load on the motor or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread