5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco Mode

RaysFanBoy

Reaction score
So I purchased my 2019 Ram Rebel on July 1st and have been amazed ever since. I did have a question after searching he forums with no luck( Apologies if this has already been covered in great length).

I know a lot of owners dislike the Eco mode future, however, I love it, as does the average MPG gauge in the truck. Sometimes while driving the Eco mode will activate and other times it will not when traveling on the same road, at the same speed, with the same loaded weight. Does anyone know how or why the Eco mode activates when cruising between 45-65 and/or are there some sort of restrictions why it wouldn’t activate?

Thanks all for your input!

Raylan GIvens

Reaction score
I can't answer your question but i assume there is a complex algorithm getting information from many different sensors. I addition to the obvious things like pedal position and RPMs, I'm sure it involves operating temperatures, weather, air conditions, and some other random things that will make absolutely no sense to any of us.

Reighnman

Reaction score
Short answer is Its based on perceived load by the ecu, throttle position is a big factor but even something like wind direction could impact it. There are a few threads about it already as well as the only way to shut it off (going into manual gear selection / 8)

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Do Canadian models not have an Eco mode light? I've gone through the menu and unless I missed it I can't find it. I know my MDS is working because I can hear it (very slightly, I know what to listen for)

Snakes709

Reaction score
Load/throttle positions are a main factor. But wind can also play a role. I noticed a few times the same thing happens to me. Same road, speed, rpm and weight. One day ill see eco and others i dont due to head on wind.

PT1911

Reaction score
Is there supposed to be an ECO light on all models that comes on? I have a Limited and have NEVER seen an ECO light.

Users who are viewing this thread