5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco mode not turning on on highway?

HKP7PSP

Reaction score
I wonder if a truck with 3.92 gears might actually engage the MDS more often. Yes the 3.92 truck will turn higher rpms at a given road speed. But because of that it also has more mechanical leverage, so less torque required to move the truck under similar load. And that might mean less need to bury your foot in the throttle pedal. Maybe?

I have 3.92 gears, and it will come on as high as 78 mph for me, but only in ideal conditions. It seems happier to engage at 70mph or lower though. I can also accelerate lightly at almost any speed it's engaged at, without it disengaging. Couldn't do that so well with my Grand Cherokee, but that had 3.09 gears.

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Same, I never seen that light come on. Maybe it's off. I can't find it though.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
I can’t find that eco setting, where is it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Not sure exactly but scroll through the list of options and you'll see a setting where you can have the eco light appear or not. I did this my first week and then I couldnt stop staring to see if the light was on...so it's off and I just drive now lol. I'm sure if you search on here there is someone who has told a guy where to find it

Riggs005

Reaction score
The option is on the Display menu. I think the option says Fuel Saver

Don’t see that either. Someone post a pic of where it is in the menu if possible!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birdman_2000

Reaction score
Found it. Under Uconnect settings> Display, then the bottom option. Eco started popping up for me.

Attachments

• eco mode.png
    eco mode.png
    801.5 KB · Views: 22

Derwoodjones

Reaction score
I have close to 24,000 miles on mine, I live in the Rockies and drive 50% on the interstate. I have to say, any speed down hill, it will come on because the demand on the motor is almost non existent. I in my city there are a lot of hill so I almost never see it on in town unless down hill. When I am in Montana (butte, on the new flat side of town) it is almost always on and if I am real easy on the pedal it will stay on when I come up to speed real slow. It is a mix on the interstate, if there is no wind it will be on most of the time, I-15 is 80 MPH most of the way. So I have seen the eco light on as high as 83 MPH, which in 8th gear is around 2050 RPMs. I have the 3.21 ratio as well. Driving I-80 across Wyoming, I almost never see it because the wind is always blowing and it always seems to be at the windsheild :confused:.

Last edited:

Snakes709

Reaction score
Like many others, my eco light was turned off when i picked the truck up new. Turned it on and for the first few hundred kms it wouldnt displace. And then started coming on more often as the kms increased. Im almost at 3,000kms now, first oil change already done, afe magnum intake and 3.21 gears. Comes on alot if i keep my speed around 100kmh. Truck loves 90kmh for best fuel economy. Will be driving from Edmonton, AB to Las Vegas the end of july. Hopefully it comes on more often at higher speeds as the speed limits increase going down there compared to edmonton.

Users who are viewing this thread