5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eco Mode Indicator Light

RAMBS

Reaction score
I was having the same experience with the ECO light. Is it possible that FCA programed the truck to stay in 8 cylinder mode until all cylinders are evenly broke in? Mine is coming on more, now that I have the first thousand miles on it.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine comes on all the time...whenever I let off the gas a bit on the highway, tooling around town, etc. And I have <100 miles on the truck :)
Same here. You can coax the truck into Eco on flat ground after acceleration by backing off the throttle enough to achieve 22mpg for more than 1 second on the instantanious readout. I changed my lower left dash display to current mpg so I can see it all the time. With a little practice I've learned to reduce engine load and keep Eco/MDS on even in rolling hills....as long as nobody is following me. Speed will vary some. I'm at 1800 miles now. I'm not sure if it ever came on before 500.

DeanKing

Reaction score
I have seen it multiple times with less than 150 miles. The issue is that the light is tiny and lost in a lot of other information in the center info screen. If you are spending that much time looking for it you aren’t really keeping your eyes on the road. I am not accusing anyone of being a bad driver. I am saying that as a good driver it may be easy to miss. I guess I am also saying that since I have seen it multiple times perhaps I need to stop looking at all the doodads on this truck. But that’s a different point

CNRETIREE2020

Reaction score
Anything is possible. But your truck is still learning and breaking in. I didn't see much of the eco light for the first 500 miles or so. Now it's on all the time and I can feel the MDS in the pedal... but not as strong as my 16 which is a nice change. I hated that bog and girgle. Nothing like that now, very smooth transition.
Curious what would you consider the break in period on new 2019 ram1500?
Ty

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Most experts consider the first 500 miles as a reasonable and sufficient break-in period. I doubled that for my truck. :sneaky:

Kob0583

Reaction score
Mine comes on often while under 50 mph but almost never on the high way, I’m at 2000 miles. Some say it takes awhile for the system to fully engage. I wouldn’t mind it kicking in a little more at cruising speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
Mine comes on often while under 50 mph but almost never on the high way, I’m at 2000 miles. Some say it takes awhile for the system to fully engage. I wouldn’t mind it kicking in a little more at cruising speed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I drove 30 minutes on normal petrol, various speeds, but no sign of the ECO light. Will give it another try later on. At the moment i don’t see any disadvantages other than a possible higher fuel consumption.

Prodat

Reaction score
Same here, 17000 kilometers on the truck, never ever seen ECO light, and its on in settings.

Same as mentioned above, my ram is on LPG, and out system ( for Europe ) is way less then USA model / settings.

Figured out it's because export truck.

Never less, been thinking to remove the whole airdam on the front bumper, to create more height in combination with a 2.5 inch level, just for the looks

Users who are viewing this thread