5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"ECO" mode and aftermarket exhaust

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
also i would like to add, unless it changed for the 5th gen, when eco light is on, its only means your driving in a eco way,

the eco light does not equal to mds v8 going in 4 cyl mode, you can have the eco light on and still be runing 8 cyl.

the eco light will be on when the mds engage but it can also be on with mds not engage

On 5th gens it's confirmed Eco = MDS.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
also i would like to add, unless it changed for the 5th gen, when eco light is on, its only means your driving in a eco way,

the eco light does not equal to mds v8 going in 4 cyl mode, you can have the eco light on and still be runing 8 cyl.

the eco light will be on when the mds engage but it can also be on with mds not engage
Negative. When the Eco light is illuminated on the 5th gen hemi absolutely means you’re in 4 cylinder mode. Never had another ram so I don’t know how it was before.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
my 2012 Jeep grand Cherokee with the pentastar v6 has an eco light, but no MDS. Guess it was similar to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/