5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E-Torque Questions

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
GO BIG or go home! LOL

I went and ordered the E-Torque today. I will post my package on the MSRP thread. I took a 45 minute test drive alone. The Ram is awesome. SO quiet inside. Lots of room in the back seat. I have one disappointment with the truck but I will start a separate thread. Maybe FCA will read it and fix it before my truck is built! Fingers crossed!!!
263a.png

D

Deleted member103

Slim said:
GO BIG or go home! LOL

I went and ordered the E-Torque today. I will post my package on the MSRP thread. I took a 45 minute test drive alone. The Ram is awesome. SO quiet inside. Lots of room in the back seat. I have one disappointment with the truck but I will start a separate thread. Maybe FCA will read it and fix it before my truck is built! Fingers crossed!!!
263a.png
Who did you bribe to get a test drive all by your self ?
263a.png
263a.png

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Who did you bribe to get a test drive all by your self ?
263a.png
263a.png
Who does test drives with the sales person now a days? Never would I ever.

LordHobbit

Reaction score
Thanks for clarifying the location of the battery. That makes it much easier.

E-torque will make stop-start much better and much less annoying.

I've noticed the stop-start recently on several cars. Sitting at a stop light, the light turns green and suddenly two or three cars around me start up. It was a bit disconcerting until I realized why.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
Who does test drives with the sales person now a days? Never would I ever.
This a Canadian thing ? I've never been able to do a test drive alone, ever, here in "the States" - Many of them, East & West Coast !
You must have a very appealing smile ?
263a.png

76rich

Reaction score
Small town USA!!! I live in a small town of around 6500 people. Been buying from the same dealer for a long, long time. My wife and I get new vehicles every three years. We usually order them. At the time of the order I have never gave the dealer anything but a handshake. If I want to test drive a vehicle, the dealership would give me the keys and say enjoy, and mean it. The whole dealership, from the owner down to hourly workers always treat us like family.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
This a Canadian thing ? I've never been able to do a test drive alone, ever, here in "the States" - Many of them, East & West Coast !
263a.png
Lol I live in WI in the "states." LOU.2 you must appear to be a criminal...

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
263a.png
The GM at my dealership just threw a plate on the back and told me to enjoy the ride
263a.png

Rupbre

Reaction score
Slim, did they give approximate time frame. Is the Etorque being produced?

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Rupbre said:
Slim, did they give approximate time frame. Is the Etorque being produced?
Yes it is open for ordering and being produced. I know my dealer had to check the box for a "Sold" order to be able to order the RamBox not sure if if that applies to the E-Torque also

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
Lol I live in WI in the "states." LOU.2 you must appear to be a criminal...
Oh, so that explains that !?
1f604.png
. Your sentence structure is "a bit off" - I MUST appear ? Removal of the word "must" would make much better sense . . . SEE ? And of course I know (hope!) your completely joking even though I see no smilie-emoji,
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png

The MANY Places I've test driven are simply due to the Constant 3-year Navy Duty-Station reassignments over a 21 year period -- 1983 to 2004 . For instance, Mayport/Jax., Florida, Charleston, S.C., Indy, Indiana, Richmond & Virginia Beach+, Virginia, N. Chicago, Il., Many Towns on Long Island, N.Y., New London/Groton, CT., Portland, OR., about 4 or 5 Towns in NW WA. State, and finally also now in NE WA., State ! Almost forgot, Logan, Utah and Dave Smith in Idaho !
A complete Cross-section of just about Any Demographic you could choose and Non allowed me driving "alone" -- so bottom line, YOU must be RIGHT . . . I 'Must'be a Criminal . . . Congratulations, YOU win the "booby-prze" (Jared is "booby" ok in this usage?
1f606.png
) ! Which by the way I would not open without precautions. after all, never know who you can trust . . .
1f61c.png

1f609.png
263a.png
. that was fun !

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
LOU.2 said:
Oh, so that explains that !?
1f604.png
. Your sentence structure is "a bit off" - I MUST appear ? Removal of the word "must" would make much better sense . . . SEE ? And of course I know (hope!) your completely joking even though I see no smilie-emoji,
263a.png
263a.png
263a.png

The MANY Places I've test driven are simply due to the Constant 3-year Navy Duty-Station reassignments over a 21 year period -- 1983 to 2004 . For instance, Mayport/Jax., Florida, Charleston, S.C., Indy, Indiana, Richmond & Virginia Beach+, Virginia, N. Chicago, Il., Many Towns on Long Island, N.Y., New London/Groton, CT., Portland, OR., about 4 or 5 Towns in NW WA. State, and finally also now in NE WA., State ! Almost forgot, Logan, Utah and Dave Smith in Idaho !
A complete Cross-section of just about Any Demographic you could choose and Non allowed me driving "alone" -- so bottom line, YOU must be RIGHT . . . I 'Must'be a Criminal . . . Congratulations, YOU win the "booby-prze" (Jared is "booby" ok in this usage?
1f606.png
) ! Which by the way I would not open without precautions. after all, never know who you can trust . . .
1f61c.png

1f609.png
263a.png
. that was fun !

lol I was hoping for a great response to my last post to you! hahha Sorry to get under your skin navy boy. I am sure that statement just did too lol.

D

Deleted member103

alacombe said:
lol I was hoping for a great response to my last post to you! hahha Sorry to get under your skin navy boy. I am sure that statement just did too lol.
EveryThing is cool . . . you didn't "get under my skin" . . . I am of the sorts to enjoy the "jib and Jab" of things ! Your post hit my "Comment-Bone" and was uncontrollably compelled to "Jib and Jab" back at you ! SEE ?
263a.png
Be good . . . but not to good cause THAT ain't no fun either !
1f914.png

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In regard to test driving, I have not had a salesman ride with me on any test drive in the last ten years! Never even copied driver’s license like some do, just here is the key and go, even at dealerships I’ve not done business with, odd. As regard to the e-torque, is the start/stop mode able to be shut off like in the f150’s? Just curious. Also, the e-torque system ‘adds’ torque to the existing gas engine. As much as 130lb/ft to the Hemi. However, correct me if I’m wrong anyone, this added torque is only at low rpm’s and is NOT added to the top end output of the gas engine. In other words your 410 lb/ft Hemi will not produce 540 lb/ft with e-torque. I’m sure you already all know this if it is correct but just wanted to clarify to those who may not.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes to the ETorque questions, I think. That’s best I can do until I get one

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes to the ETorque questions, I think. That’s best I can do until I get one

It has also been rumored that e-torque may become standard eventually in the higher trim levels ( assuming Longhorn and limited). I was at my local dealer yesterday and we built a Longhorn just to see what changes there may have been to any options and it would only allow the e-torque, this was not the case last week. Can anyone confirm that this is now true?

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It has also been rumored that e-torque may become standard eventually in the higher trim levels ( assuming Longhorn and limited). I was at my local dealer yesterday and we built a Longhorn just to see what changes there may have been to any options and it would only allow the e-torque, this was not the case last week. Can anyone confirm that this is now true?

This would be very upsetting if the E-torque came standard.

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This would be very upsetting if the E-torque came standard.
Agreed, please Ram keep options available. I know it is easier to build if there is less to chose from but if you want to compete with Ford keep a wider range of options available as they do with their engines. Just my opinion.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
That's not the case if you build one online right now. Can't speak for the dealer system.

Users who are viewing this thread