5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

E torque order confusion

Kaydee

Reaction score
hey everyone just signed on a couple days ago and very excited about my second only Ram 1500 after converting from ford for so many years . Now I am completely sold on the quality and detail of the Ram compared to the others...... BUT to the issue My neighbor and I both ordered 2019 Longhorns on April 24 both loaded (no ram box ) but the 25k package says 48 Volt starter generator (in print) (27k with E torque package not available at that time) .If I could download the picture of the sheet to show you I would ....What is your take on this .....truck has been shipped but dealer cannot tell if it has E torque or not because the build sheet that they can now see says .... 25 K info not available

5.7 l hemi vvt v8 w/fuelsaver MDS
8 speed automatic transmission
48 volt belt starter generator
package value price

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Makes far more sense that the 48v is just a printing error since it shows non-eTorque engine, non-eTorque package, and order was placed before eTorque available to order. If you have the VIN you can look up the build sheet and sticker and see what they show.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Screenshot_20180703-200235_Chrome.jpg

25K is the non eTorque while the 27k package is with the eTorque.

Kaydee

Reaction score
Yes I appreciate all the info on 27k and 25k and I am completely aware of this after the 27 k became available but once I show you my order form with what I posted as to it having the 48 volt generator starter on the package I just wanted an explanation besides it must have been a mistake by ram... Wow When you order something like an 80000 dollar truck you would think they might get that right....especially when we ordered these trucks 0n april 24...!!! No one new about the 27K package at that time we ordered because no one new when E torque was coming out...the dealer is befuddled also because they see the same thing as I see...... They just ordered my neighbors and my trucks again so lets wait another 2-3 months!

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I hear ya, that really sucks and I would be really frustrated too. Unfortunately there has been a lot of mix-ups in these first month's of ordering and the literature definitely hasn't been the best or most straightforward.

Kaydee

Reaction score
sorry you have to turn this picture but how do you think i felt when I ordered and this is what it said

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 37

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whats the life expectancy of this e-torque battery? What is the cost to replace it when it goes out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online