5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dualliner bedliner?

OC.13

Reaction score
Anyone ever use dualliner product in one of their trucks? Looks like they are working on a liner for the new body style. It is a rubber mat, with plastic drop in style sides. Looks like company has been around awhile. Wondering if anyone has used one before, any thoughts experiences. Trying to decide between line x bedrug or maybe this dualliner. Help is appreciated.

darthvaper04

Reaction score
My local truck part shop have a Pendaliner its the all plastic one tho and I think its made by Dualliner that what the guy told me. I getting it next week for $199. But the rubber mat with plastic side I haven’t see as of yet.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Where are you getting the Pendaliner from? I see the stock number on their website, but can't find anyplace where you can buy it. Also, so I understand, the Pendaliners and Duraliners are not drop ins but rather panels you somehow attach to the truck? I assume these are better than a drop in, but probably not as durable as a Line-X correct?

OC.13

Reaction score
From what I read on the dualliner not duraliner. It has the plastic side panels and a mat that tucks in. Typical drop ins worry me because they shift and scrape around. I have heard pros and cons about bedrug and line x. This product seems from there website like the way to go if you work your truck bed hard. Just don't know if their claims are supported by their product. I will include a link to the website. I contacted them and they said they would have liners for the new style trucks in about 6 weeks.

Think the duraliner and pendaliner are just drop in liners not sure if I'm correct on that.

Last edited:

WoodCountry

Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread because I am considering a DualLiner bedliner for my DT Laramie. It's available for the 5'7" bed for the 2019 new body. But I have the 6'4" bed, and I'm wondering if it's worth me waiting for them to finish tooling and manufacturing that size. It looks like a good way to go, but would like to see any comments from existing DualLiner owners - do you like it? Any regrets? Thanks in advance...

OC.13

Reaction score
I'm resurrecting this thread because I am considering a DualLiner bedliner for my DT Laramie. It's available for the 5'7" bed for the 2019 new body. But I have the 6'4" bed, and I'm wondering if it's worth me waiting for them to finish tooling and manufacturing that size. It looks like a good way to go, but would like to see any comments from existing DualLiner owners - do you like it? Any regrets? Thanks in advance...

I really like it so far. Was a very easy install. Everything just snapped in place. The fit is on point. Seems like a high quality liner in my opinion. I have only ever had drop in liners in my past trucks, and I feel the Dualliner is far superior to those. At first I thought the bed mat part was kind of thin, however it seems to be tough enough to handle a load with adequate protection of the bed floor. I do use my truck for hauling stuff, anything from patio pavers, car parts, firewood and trips to the landfill. I like that I can simply hose it off or even pull the mat out and clean it off the truck. My bed is prestine underneath. I'm happy with it. Hope this helps with your decision.

ryant601

Reaction score
One thing I've always wondered about is if these are worth having if I park outside...is the bed mat held down by anything? I know someone can steal anything if they want to, but any sort of security is better than none.

This is an intriguing option to me though, I worry about the scratching and sliding around of a drop in on a leased truck.

OC.13

Reaction score
One thing I've always wondered about is if these are worth having if I park outside...is the bed mat held down by anything? I know someone can steal anything if they want to, but any sort of security is better than none.

This is an intriguing option to me though, I worry about the scratching and sliding around of a drop in on a leased truck.
I think it would be difficult to steal the mat especially with tailgate locked. It tucks in on the side panels pretty securely. it is also fairly heavy. Anything is possible though. Also the way it tucks in, upon first glance it just looks like it is one piece.
I will attach a photo, if that helps.

Attachments

• 20190919_174416.jpg
    20190919_174416.jpg
    147.3 KB · Views: 160

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Did they just release the 6' 4" bed model? Is this it?

Duraliner BEDLINER 0050588X

And this site looks like they are selling it:

OC.13

Reaction score
Did they just release the 6' 4" bed model? Is this it?

Duraliner BEDLINER 0050588X

And this site looks like they are selling it:
I don't think they have! However it is A Dualliner not a duraliner. They are different products.

WoodCountry

Reaction score
I just received a follow-up call from DualLiner - they plan to begin shipping the 6'4" new body (DT) bed liner the week of 10/14, and they will be reaching out to those who have provided their contact info next week! My thanks to all who replied to my request for input - I'll be placing an order soon. If you are interested, check out www.dualliner.com for more information.

Misterturbo

Reaction score
Installed the dual liner on my new 19 big horn. Overall it fits fine, took a little fiddling and trust that once the rubber mat goes in it will all line up. You really need the final step of adding the rubber mat to get the sides to full “tuck” into the pockets and fully expose the tie downs on the sides. For $399 USD, I’m a bit “meh”, if it was $299 it would be a no brainer. It did ship for free and no tax was added, so that’s added value.

TLDR; I would have been happier with a bedrug at this price..

smitty329

Reaction score
Just bought a 2019 RAM DT Quad Cab Laramie with the 6'4" box and ordered the Dual Liner - didn't realize they only started shipping this week - just in time!! I had a drop in bedliner in my old Dakota and liked the fact you could easily slide things on the bed. I used bungees to keep thing from sliding and a heavy duty cargo net. I am a mulch-a-holic and buy it by the 3 CUFT bag. Was easy to slide to the end of the bed to unload. Will take some getting use to with mat.

WoodCountry

Reaction score
Just received my DualLiner and installed it today! Looks very nice, and fits well. I have the bed tie-down rails, so took a bit longer. The mat is definitely non-skid, and I also use the bags of mulch - they won't slide out anymore! Might need to use a tarp to help with that. I like the way it looks. No drilling, sanding, or mods to the truck, so it can be removed/replaced if necessary. Also installed BullRing retractable tie down anchors - they also went in easily and look great. I guess the next step is a tonneau cover!?

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just received my DualLiner and installed it today! Looks very nice, and fits well. I have the bed tie-down rails, so took a bit longer. The mat is definitely non-skid, and I also use the bags of mulch - they won't slide out anymore! Might need to use a tarp to help with that. I like the way it looks. No drilling, sanding, or mods to the truck, so it can be removed/replaced if necessary. Also installed BullRing retractable tie down anchors - they also went in easily and look great. I guess the next step is a tonneau cover!?
Were you able to use the same screws for the rails? What is required to line up the holes for the bed rails? Thanks in advance.

WoodCountry

Reaction score
Were you able to use the same screws for the rails? What is required to line up the holes for the bed rails? Thanks in advance.
Yes, the same screws, although I personally would have liked the screws to be just a little (1/8" - 1/4") longer. DualLiner has formed raised dimples in the side panels where the screws go - simply drill a 1/2" hole through those spots before installing the panel. For me, after I drilled holes in the center of the dimple, the spots seemed to be just a tad low and forward. I had to position my holes closer to the edge of the dimple a bit higher and rearward for the holes to line up. My suggestion is to drill one hole, then test fit the panel to see how the hole lines up. It was not difficult to get it work properly.

tobyw

Reaction score
Not to completely derail the thread, but what p/n Bullrings did you install? Did you have to cut the bedcap like on the previous generation trucks?

WoodCountry

Reaction score
Not to completely derail the thread, but what p/n Bullrings did you install? Did you have to cut the bedcap like on the previous generation trucks?
BullRing 5067 (rear) and 5068 (front). Yes, BullRing provides two 1/4" router bits (included in 5067) to make the holes in the rail cap. Install was smooth, instructions were clear, customer service (Steve) was excellent. These are the black satin model, and it goes very well with the Max Steel body color. https://www.bullringusa.com/?s=5067&post_type=product

Kone

Reaction score
Resurrection of thread to see how y'all like your Dualliners a few years later? I have my eye on it but I'm not 100% comfortable the plastic sides are that much different than a traditional drop-in as far as moving and scraping paint? Thanks.

Swicago

Reaction score
Resurrection of thread to see how y'all like your Dualliners a few years later? I have my eye on it but I'm not 100% comfortable the plastic sides are that much different than a traditional drop-in as far as moving and scraping paint? Thanks.
When I bought mine, the edges of the plastic sides were sharp. So I wrapped the contact edge with felt. Not sure if it helps though, have not had them in long enough. I only bought dualliner to prevent body warranty from being voided if rust occurred from linex, but in hindsight it won't matter if the liner scraps body paint. So if I would have known in advance, I'd have just linex'd it

Users who are viewing this thread