5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DT Tazer Group Buy - New August 2019

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Alright PM sent to everyone.

I’m going to call it here for the time being. I think we’ve got around 15 at the moment, I’ve got most of your information. A few stragglers
Left I’ll reach out to again in the morning.

I’ll also build the email and get everything ready to send over to them. Not really sure what the next step is so I’ll keep everyone posted.

Thanks guys!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I thought more people actually responded, we are currently at 8.

5 haven’t responded at all, two “want to pay less”, so we need at least 2 more folks.

flynfish

Reaction score
I’m on the fence as I’m wondering if it’s worth the cost.

To me it seems like the best feature would be push button for front camera. Is there some else I’m missing to make it worth 250+? Obviously everyone puts value on different things I’m just curious what people want the most.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Fix speedometer after lift and new tires. Adjust TPMS sensors so I don’t have to run 50psi like an idiot all the time. Use navigation keyboard while driving.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I’m on the fence as I’m wondering if it’s worth the cost.

To me it seems like the best feature would be push button for front camera. Is there some else I’m missing to make it worth 250+? Obviously everyone puts value on different things I’m just curious what people want the most.

Right. I wanted the auto folding mirrors with engine ignition stop and start, as well as camera activation on turn signal, but it’s only available with the 8.4” screen. Not worth it to me at that high of a price.

flynfish

Reaction score
Oh yea I haven’t gotten a lift yet. Even without a lift, if you get taller tires the speedometer would be wrong so you would need it?

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Fix speedometer after lift and new tires. Adjust TPMS sensors so I don’t have to run 50psi like an idiot all the time. Use navigation keyboard while driving.
The keyboard in motion is a good feature. Forgot about that one.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
Right. I wanted the auto folding mirrors with engine ignition stop and start, as well as camera activation on turn signal, but it’s only available with the 8.4” screen. Not worth it to me at that high of a price.
Wait...... What?........... The camera activation on turn signal is only available on the 8.4" screen? Not the 12.1" screen? Where does it say that?

Here is the list of things I would utilize at the outset, which is why I'm on the fence about the cost/benefit as well:

1. Disable Travel Link. Heck this may be worth the money by itself. I get weather alerts for everyplace EXCEPT for the county in which I live in!! We had a huge thunderstorm today in Northern Virginia, and where did I get alerts for? Richmond, Eastern Shore of Maryland, etc. Everywhere, but Norhern Virginia. Most useless feature ever!

2. Auto Power Folding Mirrors when ignition on/off

3. Control front windows up/down from keyfob. Great on hot days. However, does anyone know if this can be used in conjunction with remote start? Can I unlock the car, roll down the windows, lock the doors, and remote start the car? Just need to quickly air it out as I walk up to it in the commuter lot.

4. Auto Tow Mode - Given the choice, I would drive in "sport mode" all the time.

5. 0-30 and 0-60 timers. Because, why not!! It's fun!!

6. Disable camera lockout - Could be useful at times.

7. TurnCAM - Could be useful. But would suck if it doesn't work with the 12" screen which I have.

Users who are viewing this thread