5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drove a 2020 tonight for an hour or so...

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It was until 11/26. The dealers have known it would be extended to the 2020 for a few weeks now, but weren't supposed to tell anyone to help move 2019 inventory.

Forgot to mention...I wanted the white tri-coat pearl coat also, but will live with this red.
Delmonico red, if thats what it is, is a nice choice too.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
All I've driven are F-series for the last 20 years. They're bland and boring now to me. While the Ram is better looking, it has a lot of issues that could be easily solved with better quality control. They could take a very good truck and make it great. Every single one I've started on the dealer's lots has clacked and ticked until it warmed up a bit. About half have had a skip until they warmed up. All the electronic and electric issues talked about here and elsewhere are troubling not that they exist, but that they still exist 2+ years after they were first reported to exist.

Just some of the issues reported consistently since the intro of the DT that I've read about

Mirrors don't return to position from reverse lowering
Interior lights don't light when truck is turned off
Wind noise passenger rear (vents)
Uconnect issues, many and ongoing
Backup cameras issues
Droning noise caused by Electonic Sound Deadening
Vibration when 4 cyl system kicks in (Eco mode light)
No walk away locking
Brakes squealing especially in reverse
Cracking bezel around int rear window and water leaks
Wind noise over 70 mph
Cracked rear window bezels

Water leaks into cabin
Rattles, clicks, noises from clips, etc in interior

Everything in this list could be corrected by QC with very little effort. That effort would make this truck unbeatable, for now, in this segment. Ford's 2021 redesign, slated for mid 2020 release is likely going to overtake Ram's current advantages which is likely why FAC is discounting these trucks so heavily and sitting on huge, unshipped inventory. They want to knock ford off the best selling truck platform, but I don't think they can do it.

Glad you like your truck. We always seem to love what we have right until we don't. You're the perfect example, by your own admission. Hope it remains your current favorite.
Discounting the '19 because the 2020 is now available. No reason to discount now for a competitive truck that's not out yet. They are playing catch up to Ram on design, especially on the interior. Looked at the Ford but doesn't compare right now. As to the next model F150, we'll see. I'd be very surprised if they lowered the price on comparable models. Love mine and I don't have any of the issues above except for the glitchy u connect. The loser in all this is Chevy, even with the overly engineered tailgate.

Icecoldak

Reaction score
I have been looking at these new Rams, I would love to get one----but all of you Do not have the Noted vibration that I have been reading all about on these trucks??

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
I have been looking at these new Rams, I would love to get one----but all of you Do not have the Noted vibration that I have been reading all about on these trucks??
What vibration?

I've driven 5 or 6 of these in the last 2 weeks and only one had some vibration until the tires warmed up. Probably had flat spots from sitting on the showroom floor.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
You seem like a Ridgeline kind of guy..guessing you owned one...:ROFLMAO:
One of the best trucks I've owned. If it would pull my backhoe I'd still be driving it.

People who make fun of others based on what they drive are small minded. Probably best to keep that little issue hidden from the world as much as possible.

tyresmoker

Reaction score
One of the best trucks I've owned. If it would pull my backhoe I'd still be driving it.

People who make fun of others based on what they drive are small minded. Probably best to keep that little issue hidden from the world as much as possible.
A Ridgeline is not a truck. I am not making fun of you or your purchasing decisions, I am just reiterating a fact. It is a vehicle built on a modified unibody universal platform shared with the Odyssey, Pilot and Accord.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Maybe lets not be so concerned about Ridgelines vs whatever. The old “Brat” (Subaru) and the Chevy El Camino and Ford Ranchero were not trucks either, but people used them as such. Who really cares about body on frame, unitized, whatever. We all like our RAM’s and thats what counts.

WW2

Reaction score
Best riding truck Ive ever owned....Look forward to driving it every day....If you do enough reading on Forums, you would never buy anything....

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Best riding truck Ive ever owned....Look forward to driving it every day....If you do enough reading on Forums, you would never buy anything....
Agree. There’s horror stories about everything. Analysis paralysis too.

dstevens

Reaction score
Maybe lets not be so concerned about Ridgelines vs whatever. The old “Brat” (Subaru) and the Chevy El Camino and Ford Ranchero were not trucks either, but people used them as such. Who really cares about body on frame, unitized, whatever. We all like our RAM’s and thats what counts.
Really wanted one of those Subaru Brats back in the day. Havent heard that name in quite a while.

Sent from my SM-G935U using Tapatalk

VectorZ

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Man there are some super petty, douchey comments in this thread. I for one enjoy reading all sorts of praise and constructive criticism about these trucks. If you want to be a nut-swinging fanboy and troll threads, start your own.

iamtheav8r

Reaction score
Man there are some super petty, douchey comments in this thread. I for one enjoy reading all sorts of praise and constructive criticism about these trucks. If you want to be a nut-swinging fanboy and troll threads, start your own.
It's the internet, unfortunately. Trying to find the signal through all the noise gets harder and harder, especially on unmoderated platforms. I wasn't on here 24 hours and had 4 people on my ignore list. Ya get a crappy comment from someone and go read some of their other posts and it's not hard to tell who the haters are. Easier to put them on ignore than to have to scroll past their blather.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
It's the internet, unfortunately. Trying to find the signal through all the noise gets harder and harder, especially on unmoderated platforms. I wasn't on here 24 hours and had 4 people on my ignore list. Ya get a crappy comment from someone and go read some of their other posts and it's not hard to tell who the haters are. Easier to put them on ignore than to have to scroll past their blather.
Yes you are correct about the internet nowadays.
I participate(d) on a couple camping forums, same thing. The same trolls or b.s. spewers would just post wherever they could before the members tossed them or enough complaints were made and they were deleted by a mod.
Auto forums are particularly susceptible, the 14 yr olds (and those older but with their mentality) who post “X brand sucks” are always trolling these forums. Ignore is a great 1st step.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread