5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drove 10 miles without FOB!?

My1stRam

Reaction score
Happened to me the other day too. In a hurry... I got home from work with somewhere to be right away... my wife met me outside the garage... I left the truck running while I ran inside to change... jumped back in and drove to our son's athletic event. Does anyone else out there have evenings like this? :) Once there, we parked, shut it off, and only later found out that we were stranded.

If there was a visual warning message on the display, I didn't see it. In this instance, it wasn't the end of the world, but this is a serious problem that Ram needs to make "idiot proof". These trucks are smart enough that at a MINIMUM there needs to be an audible warning that plays over any other sound being produced. Or better yet, don't even allow it to be shifted from park without getting an acknowledgement from the driver that it is okay to proceed without a key fob.

Come on Ram engineers... get to work on an update to fix this.

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Theres supposed to be an update that prevents driving without the fob

Jimp1

Reaction score
You know I'm not sure but, I think you need a new Fob.

Users who are viewing this thread