5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drivers Windshield Wiper

Ride2little

Reaction score
My drivers side windshield wiper seems loose so that it slipped and was in the wrong orientation.
I adjusted it and made sure the nut is tight. I still slips out of position often, now it seems so loose that it wont move at all with the other wiper.
Thoughts or ideas? I booked an appointment w the dealer tomorrow (Monday 4/14/20).

jdefoe0424

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Probably stripped the arm or the drive stub.
FYI, tends to happen when operating the wipers when they're frozen to the windshield

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Ride2little

Reaction score
Well...I feel like an idiot.
I just fixed it. When it was acting up, there was a driving rain. And yes, the arm would move independently of the motor and other wiper/arm. In the heavy rain, I had my socket on it and thought I had tightened appropriately. Then drove some more, again in heavy rains. It worked for a bit then started slipping again, to the point of complete failure.
After the rain tonight, I got out there with more focus and light. Turns out the arm was not seated firmly on to the drive. I pushed it firmly down, then tightened the nut which actually felt better, more solid than before. Wiper holds firm ad cannot be moved, as designed. Works fine. Annnnnd of course, I cannot cancel the appointment on-line (Mopar.com). System doesn't recognize I have an appt, although I have two emails confirming such. So I have to call tomorrow.
Anyway, all-good.

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Well...I feel like an idiot.
I just fixed it. When it was acting up, there was a driving rain. And yes, the arm would move independently of the motor and other wiper/arm. In the heavy rain, I had my socket on it and thought I had tightened appropriately. Then drove some more, again in heavy rains. It worked for a bit then started slipping again, to the point of complete failure.
After the rain tonight, I got out there with more focus and light. Turns out the arm was not seated firmly on to the drive. I pushed it firmly down, then tightened the nut which actually felt better, more solid than before. Wiper holds firm ad cannot be moved, as designed. Works fine. Annnnnd of course, I cannot cancel the appointment on-line (Mopar.com). System doesn't recognize I have an appt, although I have two emails confirming such. So I have to call tomorrow.
Anyway, all-good.

Hi @Ride2little - I'm glad to hear you were able to get this figured out! If you are in need of any additional support down the road, our team is always a PM away.

Mark
RamCares

Users who are viewing this thread