5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's side lower halo is out on 2019 Limited

raymon

Reaction score
My 2019 Limited lower halo on driver's side is out. At first it was not coming on when I start the truck in the morning, but after a while it was turning on on it's own. Now it is off all the time. I took the truck it to the dealer, they ask for $1700 to replace the entire headlight. Not fully trusting the dealer. Mopar warranty is not covering it.
Some hope that there maybe some loose wire, or bad connection somewhere on the headlight connectors. The headlight beams all work, upper halo works. Just bottom is out. Would appreciate if anyone has any ideas what to check or has some ideas how to fix it. I'm pretty technical and do most of my automotive work on other cars....this one still has Mopar warranty, but as mentioned light according to dealer is not covered.

Thank you all in advance!

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I checked the light assembly for my truck was around $ 750 or so.
It is not serviceable, need to replace the whole thing.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yep can't service the light, need to buy the whole thing.
You could in theory crack it open yourself, replace the led board and hope it works, and then re-seal it.

PS: thats called a signature light.
If you want you can turn off the other one so they at least match if you don't wanna buy a new one.

raymon

Reaction score
Thanks Darksteel165! That's not a bad idea. How would I turn off a signature light? I know it can be done with a Taser DT device, is there any other way?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Using a cheap odb2 to BT device after installing a little bypass module near your odbc2 port and buying the alfaodb app on the play store. If you dont own anything will cost like $100, but can be used for any other fca vehicle and no expiring licenses or anything.

Last edited:

raymon

Reaction score
I wonder how widespread this problem with lower LEDs in signature lights is. I do like the idea turning the bottoms off. I will be investing in AlfaODB.
Thanks djevox and Darksteel165!

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how widespread this problem with lower LEDs in signature lights is. I do like the idea turning the bottoms off. I will be investing in AlfaODB.
Thanks djevox and Darksteel165!
I’m having the same issue . Does anyone have a step by step guide to turn those off? I’m a noob when it comes to all that.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It’s enroute
I assume you are talking about the ODB2 sensor, Alfaobd is an Android app

Once you get connected you need to look for this parameter and set it to No.
CBC Extern.Light Calibr - Signature Light Present: No

That turns off both bottom brows off.

I'm not 100% sure if it works for the headlights, might need to test a few things out.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I assume you are talking about the ODB2 sensor, Alfaobd is an Android app

Once you get connected you need to look for this parameter and set it to No.
CBC Extern.Light Calibr - Signature Light Present: No

That turns off both bottom brows off.

I'm not 100% sure if it works for the headlights, might need to test a few things out.
Thanks. U say u aren’t 100% sure have u not done this and speak from experience ?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread