5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver's seat is brutal!

jkschnoo

Reaction score
I think the worst part about this is that I actually paid MORE to be horrifically uncomfortable in a brand new truck. Have a throbbing left hip after 20 min driving. The aggressively thick seam on this pathetic fake leather is almost purposefully situated to dig right into your sciatic nerve.These seats have got to be narrower than they were in previous years. Did they design this 2023 seat with the south East Asian community in mind? My American *** is eating this seat.

No dead pedal? Wow. Maybe if they up the MSRP from 72K to 100K they could include a piece of plastic to rest your left foot on.

My stripped down base model 1500 with cloth seats from 10 years ago was a dream to sit in. Wide and plush. Maybe if I go back to the dealership and write another check they could find me a replacement cloth seat from a 2015 at a salvage yard that a bum has been sleeping and pissing on.

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
My dad had a Silverado in the early 90s. Milk crates would have been more comfortable. The backs were a straight 90, if not actually leaning forward, and were like sitting on plywood. Do you guys complaining not have power seats? You need the front higher than it goes?
I think he has a limited… which should have power seats?

Detroitmikeb

Reaction score
I think the worst part about this is that I actually paid MORE to be horrifically uncomfortable in a brand new truck. Have a throbbing left hip after 20 min driving. The aggressively thick seam on this pathetic fake leather is almost purposefully situated to dig right into your sciatic nerve.These seats have got to be narrower than they were in previous years. Did they design this 2023 seat with the south East Asian community in mind? My American *** is eating this seat.

No dead pedal? Wow. Maybe if they up the MSRP from 72K to 100K they could include a piece of plastic to rest your left foot on.

My stripped down base model 1500 with cloth seats from 10 years ago was a dream to sit in. Wide and plush. Maybe if I go back to the dealership and write another check they could find me a replacement cloth seat from a 2015 at a salvage yard that a bum has been sleeping and pissing on.
You’re the minority. I think most people agree the seats are quite good.

jkschnoo

Reaction score
The cloth seats in the lower level trims are absolutely perfect. The attempt at a racing seat or whatever this is in the Rebel is horrible. Hoping the jackers make a difference, and maybe a trip to the upholstery pros.

jkschnoo

Reaction score
Yeah I’d be laughing too if I wasn’t getting progressively disabled from driving my truck.

The rebel seats have got to have something different with their structure. Looking through previous threads a few have mentioned they are slightly different than limited/Laramie. I’m wondering if they are in fact a “racing” seat that is narrower and stiffer on bolsters. Can anyone confirm they are definitely different?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The cloth seats in the lower level trims are absolutely perfect. The attempt at a racing seat or whatever this is in the Rebel is horrible. Hoping the jackers make a difference, and maybe a trip to the upholstery pros.
Pretty sure the only difference in the seats, between all trim levels, is just the covers.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Pretty sure the only difference in the seats, between all trim levels, is just the covers.
I’ve never sat in a ram that has leather seats. I can’t imagine they are worse than my cloth ones.

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Yeah I’d be laughing too if I wasn’t getting progressively disabled from driving my truck.

The rebel seats have got to have something different with their structure. Looking through previous threads a few have mentioned they are slightly different than limited/Laramie. I’m wondering if they are in fact a “racing” seat that is narrower and stiffer on bolsters. Can anyone confirm they are definitely different?
I would bet the Rebel seats are different. They use the same frame, but use stiffer foam, and bigger bolsters, to hold you in place for real off-roading. The seats in my Durango R/T were different that a standard one.

jkschnoo

Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I think I need to get to an upholstery shop quick to get this sorted out. Maybe a reshaping of the seat and more comfortable cover would do the trick. Can anyone comment on how the katzkin full leather covers compare to the rebel synthetic leather?

RipperT

Reaction score
Funny how the mind works. This thread must have planted the seed because my left thigh, hip started to experience pain after 20-30 minutes or so.

I could feel a hard lump in that area of the bottom bolster, much harder than the surrounding foam. I took the seat bottom partially apart and found the offending piece of foam. It is very hard, takes a lot of effort to compress, rests on the set frame above the controls, may or may not have been installed incorrectly or the cut out it sits in isn't properly formed. At any rate I plan to reshape and re-install this piece or throw it away and put in softer memory foam. I sat in the seat without the piece and it seemed fine without it
View attachment 130337
View attachment 130338
View attachment 130339
I have a 2022 Big Horn with these same seats and exact same problem. I have taken it to a dealer three times to complain about... its like you are sitting on the edge of a baseball on the left rear of the seat and you really feel it on mountain roads and long sweeping right turns in particular. Its been driving me absolutely crazy and have been thinking about getting rid of it its so uncomfortable on long trips. Glad to know I am not crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread