5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver seat memory issue

JBeckman

Reaction score
I havent gone to the dealer yet. Hoping to get the issue figured out before setting appointment and dragging 9mo old with.

Issue is when I set the memory for the driver seat. Have my drivers seat in a perfect spot. Hit the "S" on drivers door, then memory 1. Shows up in cluster. Then I will change seat position. Hit memory 1 button and Boom, goes back to some gangster lean position that I did not program. Done this countless times with the same result.

Any advise on what I could try next? Besides dealer.. lol

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You probably need to relearn the keys to the positions. You can have each key be paired to a memory.

I’d suggest before the dealer you go through setting your key you use or use the other key and see if that happens . If not then you know it’s related to the key.

My memory works great. I did make sure to program my key to my 1 memory though.

JBeckman

Reaction score
You probably need to relearn the keys to the positions. You can have each key be paired to a memory.

I’d suggest before the dealer you go through setting your key you use or use the other key and see if that happens . If not then you know it’s related to the key.

My memory works great. I did make sure to program my key to my 1 memory though.

Ok thanks. I'll give that a try. Now I need to search how to do that... lol

JBeckman

Reaction score
Well I tried it and still nothing. The raido, mirrors etc are correct. However the seat still goes ghetto.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well I tried it and still nothing. The raido, mirrors etc are correct. However the seat still goes ghetto.
Sorry that didn’t help. Only other thing I could suggest is set both 1 and two the same and see

JBeckman

Reaction score
Sorry that didn’t help. Only other thing I could suggest is set both 1 and two the same and see

I do appreciate the help. I tried to set both 1 and 2 earlier while I was messing with it. Neither stored in memory. Both went back to some goofy position. I think there is something up with wherever the memory is stored. Seems a dealer trip is in store.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I do appreciate the help. I tried to set both 1 and 2 earlier while I was messing with it. Neither stored in memory. Both went back to some goofy position. I think there is something up with wherever the memory is stored. Seems a dealer trip is in store.
That sucks. Well let us know what the outcome is

atty

Reaction score
How did you end up going with this? Did the dealer get it sorted? If so, do you know what they did to fix it?

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Serge627

Reaction score
I also have the same issue, let us know how the dealer trip goes

atty

Reaction score
I ended up solving my issue. I found on another thread that you need to operate the chair through its full cycle forward/back, up/down. I did the same with the mirrors and that seemed to "learn" the positions again and worked when i set the profiles and was able to recall with no problems

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I also have the same issue, let us know how the dealer trip goes
I ended up solving my issue. I found on another thread that you need to operate the chair through its full cycle forward/back, up/down. I did the same with the mirrors and that seemed to "learn" the positions again and worked when i set the profiles and was able to recall with no problems

Glad to hear you were able to get this figured out, @atty! @Serge627 - if you end up having to address this with your dealer, please do not hesitate to reach out to us via private message for additional support.

Mark
RamCares

derp

Reaction score

Limits! memory does work to recall the last known relative position and I have had the same issue with a physically tweaked mirror not returning to the programmed spot after say a car wash. it will take the mirror back to where the motor recalled the glass being, even if that is offset from the intent. Yes, to fix this you need to teach the non encoded motors where the limits of motion are relative to its memory by fully articulating the range of motion to the end stops in each direction before trying to commit a position to memory. this way the motors generally assume "I haven't slipped since last time I was set, and I was X away from the endstop, with Y as the position I am supposed to return to, so move by Y - X amount.

the same kind of logic plays heavy in 3d printers.

Users who are viewing this thread