5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver seat cushion loose

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Sorry.. I know this is an old threat but my 2019 Laramie is doing this on both front driver and passenger seating. will be taking it in to make sure its documented.

If you are in need of any additional support while working with your dealer, please do not hesitate to follow up with us via private message!

Mark
RamCares

Bluesurf

Reaction score
The week after I took my Ram home the seat was popping off each time I sat on it. I took 2 black zip ties after refastening it on the metal frame and pulled them tight and a snip. Problem solved in my driveway. I was not going to have the dealer scratch the door panel or tear my leather seat. My cars NEVER go in to the dealers without Bull$#^& happening. I want to keep my visits to a minimum.

funtruck92

Reaction score
Mine has done the same thing. I just went out and zip tied it through all five slots in the metal flange that's supposed to hold the plastic clip on the upholstery on. It seems pretty bomber for now.

KnuckleBuster

Reaction score
Just clip it back up, or bring it into the dealer. I found the pass seat in my laramie like this after a dealer did the air bag module recall. You have to fold the clip backwards so it faces up, and then just simply push it up back onto the metal rail. It will clip in.
Thanks for the tip. I've been fighting with the same issue and it never occurred to me to flip it first so it's already in position. I may need to get someone to sit in the seat to help force it down a bit. I'll go give it another try. Thanks again.

John Galt

Reaction score
Thank you for viewing the safety card on this Ram 1500 truck. In the event of a water landing your seat cushion can be used as a floatation device. In the event of a water landing please proceed to the nearest exit. Don’t forget to take pictures to post later on your favorite truck forums.

Users who are viewing this thread