5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Driver/passenger seatbelt adjustable clip rattle and rear doors not closing fully

Brain h

Reaction score
I'm having issues with the seatbelt adjustable clip rattling when driven and the rear door not fully closing...anyone else having these issues and if so any fixes?

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
If the door is closing fully you should first check for any obvious obstructions. Otherwise the dealer can adjust the hinges and fix that. For the seatbelt clip try sliding it up and down and see if it is possibly between settings and not seated properly. Otherwise have them replace that while they are fixing your door!

Sorry that wasn’t more helpful.

Brain h

Reaction score
If the door is closing fully you should first check for any obvious obstructions. Otherwise the dealer can adjust the hinges and fix that. For the seatbelt clip try sliding it up and down and see if it is possibly between settings and not seated properly. Otherwise have them replace that while they are fixing your door!
Both seatbelt clips rattle no matter where they are..and I'll probably go to the dealer about the doors to see about adjusting them, it's not much but towards the bottom both rear doors you can see that they don't close flush

Patsy1099

Reaction score
There’s another thread that discusses the doors not closing flush in some cases. They are designed to be adjustable so I would definitely have them checked out if they don’t look right to you. Post some pics if you can.

Do your seatbelt clips rattle when you drive with window up/down? Do they only rattle only when you touch them?

Brain h

Reaction score
There’s another thread that discusses the doors not closing flush in some cases. They are designed to be adjustable so I would definitely have them checked out if they don’t look right to you. Post some pics if you can.

Do your seatbelt clips rattle when you drive with window up/down? Do they only rattle only when you touch them?
Both up and down, really annoying when it's right next to your ears and thoughts of the price tag dancing through your head

Patsy1099

Reaction score
I agree. Certain things you can live with but rattles in your ear isn’t one of them. Have the dealer look at it and fix/replace. If it wasn’t under warranty you could mess with it to shim it or potentially fix it in place but it’s new so might as well get it fixed.

I don’t remember what the housing looks like but since it’s hapoening in both it might be the housing (cover) and not cover that adjusts. If that’s the case you could probably secure the housing better using some double stick 3m or silicone or something similar just to keep the cover from shaking. That’s if you don’t feel like going to the dealer.

Brain h

Reaction score
I agree. Certain things you can live with but rattles in your ear isn’t one of them. Have the dealer look at it and fix/replace. If it wasn’t under warranty you could mess with it to shim it or potentially fix it in place but it’s new so might as well get it fixed.

I don’t remember what the housing looks like but since it’s hapoening in both it might be the housing (cover) and not cover that adjusts. If that’s the case you could probably secure the housing better using some double stick 3m or silicone or something similar just to keep the cover from shaking. That’s if you don’t feel like going to the dealer.

Brain h

Reaction score
I will probably go to the dealer tomorrow if nothing more but to compare to other trucks ...thanks for the comments and suggestions.

Users who are viewing this thread