5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRIVER FOOT REST / DEAD PEDAL

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Yeah I really don't understand why there is no OEM dead pedal, and they are stingy on mounting locations there.
I wonder if Jeeps were designed from the ground up to sell people an aftermarket dead pedal and that's why they left several mounting locations?
Retain vehicles like Jeeps and Broncos are made to modify from the factory. It would be nice if the engineering teams for other vehicles had the same foresight. We try to do OEM Plus as much as possible. I don’t like designing things that require drilling holes or modifying a factory platform to where it can’t go back to stock/factory. If you look at every part we currently offer, they mount to existing holes, bolts or studs.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Retain vehicles like Jeeps and Broncos are made to modify from the factory. It would be nice if the engineering teams for other vehicles had the same foresight. We try to do OEM Plus as much as possible. I don’t like designing things that require drilling holes or modifying a factory platform to where it can’t go back to stock/factory. If you look at every part we currently offer, they mount to existing holes, bolts or studs.
Oh of course.
I would only do holes or stuff on my own truck if I wanted to.
If an accessory makes me damage or destroy something to install it's likely not going on my truck.

I remember when I cut out my stake pockets on my old Silverado to install handles and using a box cutter to cut the plastic almost made me cry.

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Oh of course.
I would only do holes or stuff on my own truck if I wanted to.
If an accessory makes me damage or destroy something to install it's likely not going on my truck.

I remember when I cut out my stake pockets on my old Silverado to install handles and using a box cutter to cut the plastic almost made me cry.
That’s why we do it the way we do. Some things are unavoidable but we keep it factory at all costs.

mophead

Reaction score
Yeah I really don't understand why there is no OEM dead pedal, and they are stingy on mounting locations there.
I wonder if Jeeps were designed from the ground up to sell people an aftermarket dead pedal and that's why they left several mounting locations?
MAY-BE??? That was one of the worst floorboards ever, 2014 JGC. Very flat and sloped away. Narrowed in on the left side to make matters even worse. Definitely needed a dead pedal and oh what a relief it was.

DugShev

Reaction score
Ay new solutions for those wanting a dead pedal?
Quick and dirty, yet effective solution using half inch thick HDPE diamond textured plate. This was gonna just be prototype so looks like hell, but works.

Fastened through floormat only.

Attachments

• IMG_7615.jpeg
    IMG_7615.jpeg
    155 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7609.jpeg
    IMG_7609.jpeg
    205.5 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_7612.jpeg
    IMG_7612.jpeg
    156.6 KB · Views: 31
  • IMG_7589.jpeg