5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRIVER FOOT REST / DEAD PEDAL

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Almost everything on Amazon says for Jeep wrangler. Will those fit ram also?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
No. None of them will.
On some 4th gens you could retrofit a little but on 5th gens there is not a single one i found that could be installed properly.
Sux no one makes anything for our trucks. I would’ve been interested

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Thanks for the pics.
Did you bolt it to the floor mat?
Not yes as once I put holes in the floor mat, well there are holes in it.

It kind of sits nautally in some of the groves, but I like to have it a little out from the far left so it doesn't touch as my foot is wider then it.
I will be putting 2 holes in the floor mat in the next week or so though because I like how it fits my foot\leg on long rides.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not yes as once I put holes in the floor mat, well there are holes in it.

It kind of sits nautally in some of the groves, but I like to have it a little out from the far left so it doesn't touch as my foot is wider then it.
I will be putting 2 holes in the floor mat in the next week or so though because I like how it fits my foot\leg on long rides.
Not too bad! Do you have a link to this one?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not too bad! Do you have a link to this one?
It's the one I linked.
only have 1 of the 3 differnet mounting brackets installed.

This is the same thing (as far as us folks with Rams are concerned)

This also appears to be similar and would fit the same
I'm going to order one of these and see if it fits better at the bottom, mine doesn't really slide but I wonder if this one could be more planted.

Make sure to avoid this style as the metal is thick and cheap and bends under any kind of pressure
1686352492466.png

This is too steep for our trucks at any location
1686352853008.png

This one sucks too, I have 2 and i'm using them as foot rests for my work desk.
Problem is it's very hard to adjust the mount to give you proper lift, and the weight of your body just bends it because it's only holding it's shape from nuts and bolts. Even torqued to 60 ft-lbs (which I had to use my own nuts and bolts as I sheered off the ones both came with) under weight it just extends and goes flat.
1686352528028.png

Don't judge me, I sit at this desk for like 12 hours a day during the week
2023-06-09 19.19.01.jpg

I didn't bother trying any others are most were just clones of these, or hanging dead pedals and I know I have nothing I can hang it off of properly.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
It's the one I linked.
only have 1 of the 3 differnet mounting brackets installed.

This is the same thing (as far as us folks with Rams are concerned)

This also appears to be similar and would fit the same
I'm going to order one of these and see if it fits better at the bottom, mine doesn't really slide but I wonder if this one could be more planted.

Make sure to avoid this style as the metal is thick and cheap and bends under any kind of pressure
View attachment 160496

This is too steep for our trucks at any location
View attachment 160500

This one sucks too, I have 2 and i'm using them as foot rests for my work desk.
Problem is it's very hard to adjust the mount to give you proper lift, and the weight of your body just bends it because it's only holding it's shape from nuts and bolts. Even torqued to 60 ft-lbs (which I had to use my own nuts and bolts as I sheered off the ones both came with) under weight it just extends and goes flat.
View attachment 160497

Don't judge me, I sit at this desk for like 12 hours a day during the week
View attachment 160498

I didn't bother trying any others are most were just clones of these, or hanging dead pedals and I know I have nothing I can hang it off of properly.
Ah yes, thank you. I missed that post

lsupcar

Reaction score
Thank you for all your research.
Keep us updated if you find the optimal solution.
I will probably give one of those a try.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It looks to me like most of the challenge is making a bracket that fits the available mounting opportunities. Maybe something @VICE design or @Shifts And Grins Fab could have a go at? (hint, hint)
Someone already asked them a year ago and the response was they were not interested in doing it :(

Surprised they don't, easy money as there is no competition in the market to fight against.

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Someone already asked them a year ago and the response was they were not interested in doing it :(

Surprised they don't, easy money as there is no competition in the market to fight against.

Maybe too simple, doesn't require plasma torch and tig welding, so their fancy equipment might sit idle.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So another update.
I just received https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Gladiator-2018-2022-Aluminum-Anti-Slip/dp/B0B67V8CB4/ and I will say it's nothing like the other one that I thought it would be.

It's wider at the bottom so sits better.
2023-06-11 14.48.51.jpg
The metal is more thin (it's the bottom one, worse but still strong enough for me and likely anyone under 400 lbs)
2023-06-11 14.49.30.jpg

It's silky smooth vs textured on all of the parts, bracket included.

It has no rubber on it, the front is all metal (I don't mind this. My foot doesn't slip on either one as it's just a dead pedal)
2023-06-11 14.48.58.jpg
It feels larger so fits my foot better, but I measured it and it's almost the exact size so ???

I did need to use the longer screws it came with and add a bunch of spacers of some kind because out of the box it's a little lower then previous one I was using to the point it wasn't as effective for the way I sit as I need it higher a few degrees.
I think this would improve the other one also but I am not going to test that, as this pedal seems to fit better with my floor mats and what works with this would work with the prior one.

I used these funky plastic things that somehow seem to actually hold my weight, but I think I will find another solution in the mess I call my workbench as I don't sort my screws and doohickys
2023-06-11 18.44.14.jpg
2023-06-11 18.21.48.jpg

This is how it currently looks, there is a very LITTLE wobble at the bottom where it sits in the crack of the floor mat and seems to only travel up, not side to side like the other one.
Still will secure it into my floor mat with 2 nuts and bolts going upwards.

2023-06-11 18.21.34.jpg

Now I need to see about returning the other one to Amazon since I am over the 30 day return period lol. The other sucker was $75

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
So another update.
I just received https://www.amazon.com/Wrangler-Gladiator-2018-2022-Aluminum-Anti-Slip/dp/B0B67V8CB4/ and I will say it's nothing like the other one that I thought it would be.

It's wider at the bottom so sits better.
View attachment 160694
The metal is more thin (it's the bottom one, worse but still strong enough for me and likely anyone under 400 lbs)
View attachment 160690

It's silky smooth vs textured on all of the parts, bracket included.

It has no rubber on it, the front is all metal (I don't mind this. My foot doesn't slip on either one as it's just a dead pedal)
View attachment 160691
It feels larger so fits my foot better, but I measured it and it's almost the exact size so ???

I did need to use the longer screws it came with and add a bunch of spacers of some kind because out of the box it's a little lower then previous one I was using to the point it wasn't as effective for the way I sit as I need it higher a few degrees.
I think this would improve the other one also but I am not going to test that, as this pedal seems to fit better with my floor mats and what works with this would work with the prior one.

I used these funky plastic things that somehow seem to actually hold my weight, but I think I will find another solution in the mess I call my workbench as I don't sort my screws and doohickys
View attachment 160695
View attachment 160692

This is how it currently looks, there is a very LITTLE wobble at the bottom where it sits in the crack of the floor mat and seems to only travel up, not side to side like the other one.
Still will secure it into my floor mat with 2 nuts and bolts going upwards.

View attachment 160693

Now I need to see about returning the other one to Amazon since I am over the 30 day return period lol. The other sucker was $75
Nice! Thanks for the update!

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score

I don't recall anyone asking us about this. Next time we get a 5th gen in, we can take a look at mounting options. Depending on what we come up with would depend on how feasable it would be. It will need to be either aluminum or powder coated. It also needs to be easy to remove and install and possibly spring loaded to sit on top of the floor mat and make the mat removable without having to remove the dead pedal. Just some initial thoughts.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I don't recall anyone asking us about this. Next time we get a 5th gen in, we can take a look at mounting options. Depending on what we come up with would depend on how feasable it would be. It will need to be either aluminum or powder coated. It also needs to be easy to remove and install and possibly spring loaded to sit on top of the floor mat and make the mat removable without having to remove the dead pedal. Just some initial thoughts.
Nice!
I must be thinking about some other vendor on the forums as I remember there a post somewhere, and the company was just like "nah there isn't a big enough market for it to justify the design cost" (???) must of been someone else.

Spring loaded would be cool but honestly if it fits right and is only a few screws or bolts I wouldn't care if I couldn't take my mats out without taking out a few screws.
The bunch made for a jeeps seem pretty decent there's just no way to hook them up with the brackets sold, some mount to the left side and swing out, and others actually kind of hang down using an existing screw (which we don't have).

A strong L bracket that can attach to the left side with a few different screw locations to mount the pedal for whatever angle you want

This is what it looks like (brake peddle in picture with pretty much nothing to attach to).

1686589399793.png

This is the left side behind the plastic trim that pops right out. I considered trying to install rivets and bolts or something but there isn't much area to work down there. There's a bunch of modules and thick cables that don't really bend well all over the place.
1686589471317.png

Shifts And Grins Fab

5thGenRams Vendor
5thGenRams Vendor
Reaction score
Nice!
I must be thinking about some other vendor on the forums as I remember there a post somewhere, and the company was just like "nah there isn't a big enough market for it to justify the design cost" (???) must of been someone else.

Spring loaded would be cool but honestly if it fits right and is only a few screws or bolts I wouldn't care if I couldn't take my mats out without taking out a few screws.
The bunch made for a jeeps seem pretty decent there's just no way to hook them up with the brackets sold, some mount to the left side and swing out, and others actually kind of hang down using an existing screw (which we don't have).

A strong L bracket that can attach to the left side with a few different screw locations to mount the pedal for whatever angle you want

This is what it looks like (brake peddle in picture with pretty much nothing to attach to).

View attachment 160728

This is the left side behind the plastic trim that pops right out. I considered trying to install rivets and bolts or something but there isn't much area to work down there. There's a bunch of modules and thick cables that don't really bend well all over the place.
View attachment 160729
It sure is inconvenient when they don't give us bolts and or studs to mount our accessories too. lol. It's possible someone could have asked us but we keep a list of products people ask for and it isn't on our list and I don't recall ever talking to anyone about it before. we will look the next time we get a 5th gen in and see if we can come up with a reasonable solution.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
It sure is inconvenient when they don't give us bolts and or studs to mount our accessories too. lol. It's possible someone could have asked us but we keep a list of products people ask for and it isn't on our list and I don't recall ever talking to anyone about it before. we will look the next time we get a 5th gen in and see if we can come up with a reasonable solution.
Yeah I really don't understand why there is no OEM dead pedal, and they are stingy on mounting locations there.
I wonder if Jeeps were designed from the ground up to sell people an aftermarket dead pedal and that's why they left several mounting locations?

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks, we appreciate you having a look at it. (y)

Users who are viewing this thread