5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DRIVER FOOT REST / DEAD PEDAL

TheAngryOgre

Reaction score
I have a dead pedal on my 2012 Jeep and use it all the time. Common accessory on Jeeps and installed with 2 bolts. Any metal fabricators around here look for a new product opportunity? Hard to believe no one has built one for these trucks by now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

highgear2005

Reaction score
Funny you mention this! I can’t find a comfortable position for my left foot either. I love the truck but my left leg can’t wait to get out. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JBV

Reaction score
bumping an old thread. i'll be looking for a solution to this if anyone hasn't come up with anything. i can't stand not having one.

Walstib52

Reaction score
I recently bought a new 21 Ram 2500 Sport 4WD w/Cummins. Sold my 06 GMC. I am one of those guys who wants a dead pedal. I constructed one and tried it out on a 2,000 mile trip to FL and back in June. It worked great! I made it out of 2x4 scraps and a adhesive backed step tread bought at Harbor Freight for $2.50. Painted it flat black and installed it onto the HD Floor mat that came in the truck. I used a fabricated clamp and silicone caulk IMG_7574.JPG IMG_7575.JPG IMG_7576.JPG IMG_7577.JPG IMG_7684.JPG IMG_7686.JPG IMG_7679.JPG IMG_7681.JPG IMG_7574.JPG IMG_7575.JPG IMG_7679.JPG IMG_7681.JPG IMG_7574.JPG IMG_7575.JPG IMG_7576.JPG IMG_7577.JPG IMG_7684.JPG IMG_7686.JPG . See pics IMG_7679.JPG IMG_7681.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_7679.JPG
    IMG_7679.JPG
    203.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_7681.JPG
    IMG_7681.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 23

JBV

Reaction score
well that certainly is doing it the right way!

BlueMoose

Reaction score
I take off my shoe and rest my foot on the door pocket ledge. It gives me a different angle for the leg for a while and helps with fatigue.

But I love this dead pedal idea and will likely steal borrow it for truck! 😁

Last edited:

Walstib52

Reaction score
I take off my shoe and rest my foot on the door pocket ledge. It gives me a different angle for the leg for a while and helps with fatigue.

But I love this dead pedal idea and will likely steal borrow it for truck! 😁
You're welcome!

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Me too. Sounds like something that could be 3D printed, that's popular these days, right? I don't have one of those.
Need something, haven't decided yet on a fabrication paradigm.
Think it needs to be waterproof or resistant and pretty durable.
Two by fours? Expanding foam? Angle and plate? Duct tape?
I think my wife has a bag of frozen peas in the fridge, might borrow that awhile to experiment with size/shape...

Brewboy73

Reaction score
I just bought my 22 Laramie G/T and noticed no deadpedal as well. My 20 Silverado had it and I loved it on long drives. You dont realize the comfort it brings until its gone..... Curious if there is an aftermarket bolt on solution out there?

Redstar24

Reaction score
I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon on this one, coming from GM I always like a place to rest my left foot while driving. If anyone finds an aftermarket dead pedal/foot rest please share in this post. It appears many people are looking for the same thing.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm going to have to jump on the bandwagon on this one, coming from GM I always like a place to rest my left foot while driving. If anyone finds an aftermarket dead pedal/foot rest please share in this post. It appears many people are looking for the same thing.
I still haven't had one. Sucks.

raygun9

Reaction score
Ive been looking for one of these since I had my 2012 .. the gen4s had the ebrake so no vendor made one but now that the ebrake pedal is gone in the gen5s I figured someone would have come out with one by now. Carven sport was working on a prototype back in 2018 but gave up..

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ive been looking for one of these since I had my 2012 .. the gen4s had the ebrake so no vendor made one but now that the ebrake pedal is gone in the gen5s I figured someone would have come out with one by now. Carven sport was working on a prototype back in 2018 but gave up..

My Silverado had a dead step with an ebrake peddle... Not sure what the 2 have to do with each other.

raygun9

Reaction score
My Silverado had a dead step with an ebrake peddle... Not sure what the 2 have to do with each other.
From the factory... I meant for aftermarket world. When CS was trying to build one they couldnt find a good mounting place.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
From the factory... I meant for aftermarket world. When CS was trying to build one they couldnt find a good mounting place.

My 18 Silverado had an ebrake peddle and a deadstep.

Ram can just do the same, even for the 4th gen.
Just a chunk of metal before they put the carpeting on it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Ay new solutions for those wanting a dead pedal?
I'm currently using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BS8PC37Z/ but I don't have it mounted yet. It's sitting on part of it's mount so any downward or forward force doesn't make it move.

Looks like ill be drilling 2 holes in my all season floor mats and put 2 bolts up from the bottom through the mount into a nut.
I couldn't find ANY way to use ANY of the mounts for the other dead pedals, I got like 6 different ones.

At least on my Limited there is way too much crap under the steering wheel section, I was even going to drill and install rivets but it wasn't happening.

I can take a picture tomorrow of what it currently looks like, it service it's purpose.

lsupcar

Reaction score
I'm currently using https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BS8PC37Z/ but I don't have it mounted yet. It's sitting on part of it's mount so any downward or forward force doesn't make it move.

Looks like ill be drilling 2 holes in my all season floor mats and put 2 bolts up from the bottom through the mount into a nut.
I couldn't find ANY way to use ANY of the mounts for the other dead pedals, I got like 6 different ones.

At least on my Limited there is way too much crap under the steering wheel section, I was even going to drill and install rivets but it wasn't happening.

I can take a picture tomorrow of what it currently looks like, it service it's purpose.
A picture would be great.
Though the link takes me to an item currently unavailable. Maybe I can find one similar for sale.
Otherwise, I maybe fabricating one from wood.
Thanks.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
A picture would be great.
Though the link takes me to an item currently unavailable. Maybe I can find one similar for sale.
Otherwise, I maybe fabricating one from wood.
Thanks.
They always go in and out of stock.
I had one that sucked for my truck but worked good as a foot rest for my computer desk (and I work 100% from home now) and I wanted a second and had to get another off ebay vs Amazon.

Users who are viewing this thread