5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

drive in movie time

Spinar

Reaction score
asking members if anyone has taken their truck to a drive in yet?
did you have to pull any fuses to kill power to dash to keep truck dark?
and if so what fuse
hoping drive in opens soon here in ontario for a bit of entertainment!!!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Our drive in theaters are open. I do the same. Just put a rag, towel, sweatshirt, etc. Over the dash lights.

We have Bar Ann, Hi way, Super 322, and Silver all within an hour of us.

Spinar

Reaction score
thanks all in my 13 sport i think i used to pull one fuse under hood that killed all dash lights
had to set radio first then pull fuse
hoping our drive inn opens soon its one of few left in ontario

Kooch80

Reaction score
what do you do to keep your radio powered on throughout the movie? i went to drive in last year and kept having to cycle back on the acc

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
thanks all in my 13 sport i think i used to pull one fuse under hood that killed all dash lights
had to set radio first then pull fuse
hoping our drive inn opens soon its one of few left in ontario

Which one ?
Mustang Drive In near London is still not open and I can’t get any kind of responses on potential opening this summer

Spinar

Reaction score
Which one ?
Mustang Drive In near London is still not open and I can’t get any kind of responses on potential opening this summer
its the midway drive in in northumberland county
a little old and run down but still a great drive in

Spinar

Reaction score
what do you do to keep your radio powered on throughout the movie? i went to drive in last year and kept having to cycle back on the acc
as devildodge says just leave it in acc

highgear2005

Reaction score
Throw some comfy chairs in the bed, back up towards the screen and open the slider. Nothing better then watching a movie from a truck bed! Our small lap dogs also enjoy the show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
It will automatic turn off after 20min.
Then something is wrong with your truck.

If you leave it in acc it will stay on til you either fully shut the truck off or start it.

If you shut the truck off there are choices for how long you will keep power. Mine is set to 10 mins.

And, the best place to be is in the truck bed. I usually sit on my tool box and the kids sit on blankets in the bed. Sometimes we take an air mattress for the bed.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
It will automatic turn off after 20min.
Then something is wrong with your truck.

If you leave it in acc it will stay on til you either fully shut the truck off or start it.

If you shut the truck off there are choices for how long you will keep power. Mine is set to 10 mins.

And, the best place to be is in the truck bed. I usually sit on my tool box and the kids sit on blankets in the bed. Sometimes we take an air mattress for the bed.
Mine shuts off after 20 minutes too. My 2017 Rebel didn't do that. I'll have to look to see if there's a setting for that. I don't have any drive-ins where I live. The last one shut down in the early 80's. But I do listen to my radio when I'm in the garage working on something, and it sucks to have to cycle the acc every 20 minutes.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Interesting. Sorry, I can not thin of a reason why it would do that.

Mine is a 2015 and I had the radio on for many hrs a day while I tore down my camp and it never timed out.

Maybe this is something they did with the 5th Gen like the bed extender or when they stopped lettimg you roll down your windows with the key for in 2013.

That would get annoying.

1FastHemi

Reaction score
What is a Drive In Movie ? The theaters around here don't have wide enough doors for me to drive my pick up in.

Just Kidding ! In my neck of the woods (Lower Alabama) the last drive in closed about 30 years ago. I really miss them, I use to have a Blast !

Le_Slacker

Ram Guru
Reaction score
30 years ago, to my recollection, there were 4 within a 40 mins drive of here. Now it’s one. And as a newly licensed driver with a girlfriend, I made it to them often.
There’s one just outside of town that has a “re-opening soon” sign a few years ago... they have since then leveled everything that was part of the drive in and it’s just a field

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
I think this is part of the battery saver mode. I can see how this will be super annoying when going to the drive in movie theaters. I looked through the owners manual and have not found a way to disable it.

Wakesnowb

Reaction score
Why not leave it on RUN position? Should run unlimited..... We just opened back up some drive-in movie theatres here in MI
Would run position drain battery too fast since it keeps all systems active/ready?

Users who are viewing this thread