5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Downhill assist

Kdixer

Reaction score
First you mean on a steep decline right?

Also what was the result after taking it to the dealer? Does the button now give some kind of message when you push it?
Yeah I meant decline.

Still waiting on switch assembly to come in. Hopefully it takes care of it.

Renas69

Reaction score
Same problem with my 2021 Rebel, press DHC switch and no led light or any information on cluster. Any of you guys resolved this issue?
Thanks

singlerail

Reaction score
add another one, tried ever possible scenario today, no indication its working, nothing lights up in dash, zero, zippo

Renas69

Reaction score
Like you, I read all the available information (including the manual) and thought I was still missing something. I could not get mine to work at all (4 low, seat belt buckled, truck on steep incline). I finally talked to a friend that has the feature on his Ram and he helped me confirm something was wrong with my brand new truck. If the button is working you should see a message on the screen with some type of confirmation about the system status. It will either indicate the system is active or the system is not available due to the criteria not being met. I took it to the dealer and they ordered a new shifter switch assembly. My button was simply dead. Pushing it in any circumstance does not change a thing.
Same trouble with mine, same year
Did you resolved the problem on yours?
I just come fro dealer for 2nd time, today they change the switch but still the same, not working
Let me know if you resolved yours
Thanks

21TRX

Reaction score
Hill Descent Control (HDC) is intended for low speed off road driving in 4WD Low. HDC maintains vehicle speed while descending hills during various driving situations. HDC controls vehicle speed by actively controlling the brakes.
1. OFF
2. Enabled - ready but activation conditions aren't met, or driver is actively overriding with brake/throttle application.
3. Active - enabled & actively controlling vehicle speed.
HDC is enabled by pushing the HDC switch, but the following conditions must be met:
• Driveline in 4WD Low
• Speed below 5 mph (8 km/h)
• Parking brake released
• Driver door closed
HDC activates automatically if driven down a grade of sufficient magnitude. The set speed is selectable by the driver & can be adjusted by using the gear shift +/-.

Last edited:

Kdixer

Reaction score
Same trouble with mine, same year
Did you resolved the problem on yours?
I just come fro dealer for 2nd time, today they change the switch but still the same, not working
Let me know if you resolved yours
Thanks
Still waiting on switch to come in. Very disappointed in the delay.

Users who are viewing this thread