5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door trim adhesive failing.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the double sided adhesive that holds the trim onto the door around the window and down the b pillar where the front and rear door meet starting to fail and peel up. 3 of my 4 doors are doing this.

Attachments

• front passenger.jpg
    front passenger.jpg
    876.4 KB · Views: 132
  • rear passenger.jpg
    rear passenger.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 130

Jordan2929

Reaction score
I believe someone on here had this issue and went round and round with the dealer trying to fix it, I think the dealer ended up replacing the trim, but don't quote me on that. I'd do a search and try to find that thread.

tjthomps5629

Reaction score
Is anyone else having issues with the double sided adhesive that holds the trim onto the door around the window and down the b pillar where the front and rear door meet starting to fail and peel up. 3 of my 4 doors are doing this.

Did you get this resolved? I noticed this happening on my truck today when I was waxing it.

Jigaloo

Reaction score
It's a sign....time to remove the chrome cladding around the windows....

marcd118

Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my truck. The dealer replaced it 2 times and it looked worse and worse each time they tried to replace it. I finally told the service manager to have a body shop do it. They agreed and it looks perfect now. Installing this trim is something a tech at the dealer shouldnt be touching.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had the same thing happen to my truck. The dealer replaced it 2 times and it looked worse and worse each time they tried to replace it. I finally told the service manager to have a body shop do it. They agreed and it looks perfect now. Installing this trim is something a tech at the dealer shouldnt be touching.
Damn, it's just 3m moulding tape and they can't get that right.

Users who are viewing this thread