5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Door Open Issue

WorkmanLtX

Reaction score
Hey everyone, hopefully posting this in the right place. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel Crew Cab. 77K miles.

Yesterday the truck started saying my driver side door is open and it isn't open at all. I wiggled the wires that are behind the rubber boot in the door jamb area and it quit for an hour or 2 then started doing it again. My interior lights stay on and if I can't auto start the truck or move it around the farm without my seat belt on. I would greatly greatly appreciate some help, thank you!!

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
We recommend reaching out to your local dealer if you haven't done so already. You can find one here: Find a Ram Dealership Near You | Ram Trucks Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us via private message, if you have any more questions or concerns. Thanks.

Chris,
Ram Cares

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
We recommend reaching out to your local dealer if you haven't done so already. You can find one here: Find a Ram Dealership Near You | Ram Trucks Please don't hesitate to reach back out to us via private message, if you have any more questions or concerns. Thanks.

Chris,
Ram Cares
How is this useful to the OP?
Maybe provide him a diagram of the wiring for the door sensor

Hey everyone, hopefully posting this in the right place. I have a 2018 Ram 1500 Laramie Eco Diesel Crew Cab. 77K miles.

Yesterday the truck started saying my driver side door is open and it isn't open at all. I wiggled the wires that are behind the rubber boot in the door jamb area and it quit for an hour or 2 then started doing it again. My interior lights stay on and if I can't auto start the truck or move it around the farm without my seat belt on. I would greatly greatly appreciate some help, thank you!!
If you wiggled wires and then it worked you might have a loose connection.
is the latch moving in and out fine? Maybe it's getting stuck open?
I read for 4th gens the switch is in the door latch area, maybe try spraying some silicone lubricant spray in there.

Sdhills

Reaction score
Same thing happened to my 2010 ford f150. Aways said door ajar. I could wiggle the wires in the rubber boot between the door and the jam and make it go away. The fix was to pull the rubber boot back and cut the wire loom open, solder and shrink wrap the broken wire. Rewrap the loom with tape and use small zip ties on each end of electrical tape to prevent unwrapping.
There was a nylon stiffener in the boot, but opening the door over time caused a wire to rub and eventually break. This is a easy fix if all the other suggestions don't work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online