5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

doing research online - does the 5th gen rebel have rear middle seat fold down armrest?

dvs79

Reaction score
i see that the in the laramie and limited you can fold down the middle rear seat into an armrest. is this possible on the rebel?

pic for reference

thanks
2021-Ram-1500-back-seat-armrest1.jpg

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i see that the in the laramie and limited you can fold down the middle rear seat into an armrest. is this possible on the rebel?

thanks
My Bighorn does, and the Rebels I have been in do, so I'm going to say yes

Htsderek

Reaction score
The Rebels I’ve seen have a good down arm rest in the back, but it’s not the same as your picture.

It has a small section that flips down like this

1695761466229.jpeg

I’m not sure if the different back seats are from different years, or a difference in the reclining vs non-reclining versions?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The Rebels I’ve seen have a good down arm rest in the back, but it’s not the same as your picture.

It has a small section that flips down like this

View attachment 168098

I’m not sure if the different back seats are from different years, or a difference in the reclining vs non-reclining versions?
The picture he posted is the front bench seat folded down not the rear seat

Kumba1010

Reaction score
1695763450105.png
The Limited for sure you can fold the middle rear to an arm rest with cup holders. The Rebel and Laramie I am not sure.

vinnieloo

Reaction score
That's the 20% rear fold down center console.

According to the 23 buyers guide the rebel only has the regular flip down arm rest with 2 cup holders. You have to get the GT package to get the 20% fold down console.

Last edited:

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I think the picture he posted is a Limited rear seat. It has a fancier fold down than Laramie and lower trims.

Htsderek

Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie has that same back seat, this truck is the first place I'd seen it though.

Could it be part of the rear reclining seat versus the fixed rear seat?

I found out yesterday that there is a release behind the other two seat sections to allow them to fold forward too.

Wirerat

Reaction score
My laramie has the larger rear armrest and reclining. In 2020 it was only offered with the front console on laramie. Front jumps seat trucks didn't normally have it.

Screenshot_20230927_181328_Gallery.png

6of36

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie has that same back seat, this truck is the first place I'd seen it though.

I found out yesterday that there is a release behind the other two seat sections to allow them to fold forward too.
I totaled my 20 Laramie a year and a half ago, but I don't remember mine having that lid. Maybe different seat material has different lid.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Unfortunately, though, the seats don’t really fold down flat. They only go about halfway comfortably. You can mash on them and make them get closer to flat, but it’s kinda pointless.

1695952920738.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread