5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does your Ram bite you?

Stony0604

Reaction score
They did on my 2017 and 2019 bighorn. Just check the 2018 dealer loaner Laramie and they do not.
I just did it on my 19, came right out, thanks! Now i just need to see if there is a plug or something I can find to cover the hole

Big White RAM

Reaction score
How does one get "bitten" by the Ram? I must be missing something as I've never been bitten.

mikeru82

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
With the window down and your arm out. The knob from the door look will pinch your skin when they auto lock
Well that explains why I've never even come close to being bitten by this. I almost never have my windows down. I like to keep my interior clean, and the only time it's not dusty where I live is when it's raining or it's winter. So I rely on the HVAC to regulate temps when it's hot outside.

Stony0604

Reaction score
So i was able to take them out just by unscrewing them, going to try and get a little insert for the holes 3D printed.

Wsmith

Reaction score
Why do they even exist? In the "olden days" I fished a coat hanger and grabbed the nob to unlock MY CAR when I accidentally locked the keys inside. New ones you cannot even pull up with your fingers if you want to lock it push the button on the armrest. I can think of no purpose for these to exist with lock buttons and FOB's.

klotz50

Reaction score
2019 Limited and has gotten me 2 times and the wife 2 times. Left her black and blue. Found posts going back to 2012 where this was occurring. You'd think they would have fixed in 8 years???? I like the idea above about getting rid of them altogether.

sd2134

Reaction score
I believe the knob exist so you can manually lock your truck if you lose power to the doors. Then open with the key on the drivers door.

FastBlackRam

Reaction score
This happens in my BMWs as well. Like someone said, just disable the auto lock. BUT then you are in control.......you can wait for your passenger to put their arm on the sill then LOCK!!!! Or if its your wife or girlfriend over there, warn them you are going to lock so they can move their arm. Yeah right.

ClancyO

Reaction score
My wife has been bitten. I just read her this post and she laughed.
De ja vu in my house! Although we both realized only in the bighorn, not in the Laramie so far (knobs are different). It could be that she learned, but given that she still loses her phone 17 times a day, that’s doubtful!

Ex_dutch

Reaction score
Too hot, too cold, rain, snow, humidity, too noisy. And now we have another reason to not have to open the windows (or sunroof).

Mike458

Reaction score
Happened to me a few times. Hurts like hell! I ended up just unscrewing both sides. I still have ptsd when I hear the auto lock!

Users who are viewing this thread