5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does the off road package change the factory ride feel

big Ron

Reaction score
Was looking at adding the off road package to to my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4 x 4 Sport but I had a few questions about the off-road package wanting to know does anyone have it and does it change the overall Factory feel with the one inch lift and A/T tires?

Last edited:

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Big Ron, I don’t have the ORP, but the question has been discussed vigorously on this and other forums. I’d say the general consensus among owners is that the trademark good ride of the Ram 1500 is not compromised. If you need the enhancements that come with the package, it’s a solid value. If you just want the 4x4 decal, add it later.

Congratulations on the upcoming truck.

XDBrad

Reaction score
Not that my backside can feel. When purchasing I was test driving an ORP truck (the one I bought) and a non ORP and honestly couldn’t tell the difference. However, I was coming from a truck that rode rough so both the OPR and non ORP rides like a dream.

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did drive a truck that was a non ORP truck before I ordered mine. I was really impressed with the ride. At the time, they didn’t have a ORP to drive. I ordered mine with the off road package with out ever driving one. Once mine came in, I was pleasantly surprised that the smooth ride was still there. It’s hard to say if there was any difference since I didn’t drive them back to back. From memory I believe the ORP may be a touch stiffer but not really noticeable unless you drive both on the same road back to back.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have received a lot of compliments on the how quiet and smooth my truck is. Don’t know if the non ORP ride better, but it is good enough for me (y)

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I test drove a non-ORP for several hours and now drive an ORP Limited. Yes, it is stiffer but it is still very smooth. I was amazed the first time I drove over some railroad tracks. Put a grin on my face. Folks that ride in mine are all amazed at how smooth it is.

I would wager that the ORP is still significantly smoother/better ride than any competitor. If ultimate ride smoothness is your goal, don't get the ORP. But if you need any of the features ORP offers and won't notice a 2-5% difference in ride then absolutely get the ORP.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I drove non-ORP and ORP back to back. I found the ORP to be slightly stiffer, but I felt that the difference in ride quality was insignificant and got the ORP.

Indiana2Texas

Reaction score
My ORP does ride a bit stiffer and I've noticed a bit of "wobble" in some instances than remind me I'm driving a pickup. That comes from the 6'4" bed, 1in lift, HD shocks, and bulkier tires. However, I get compliments from everyone who's ever ridden along on the ride quality. I love the air suspension when I swing by an ATM or have to pull off the road at a work site. Best of every world.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I notice zero difference in ride between the ORP and not ORP trucks

paulc

Reaction score
Was looking at adding the off road package to to my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4 x 4 Sport but I had a few questions about the off-road package wanting to know does anyone have it and does it change the overall Factory feel with the one inch lift and A/T tires?
This ride is as smooth as my escalade which has magnetic ride control. I do plan on putting ridge grappler 295/65 and the leveling kit by rough country next week, so I expect the ride to be different, but not bad by any means.

paulc

Reaction score
yeah imagine someone speaking their mind freely on a dodge forum...………………………...
Rod, Im an agent as well, down here in Houston. This is my everyday driver, before I had a '13 longhorn larmie which I drove daily, and preferred it over my ct6 as well. I have had F150's and Sierras and Ram in my opinion has always had a better ride.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I tested both ORP and Limited with air suspension. I primarily drive on the pavement, so I went with the premium ride. Whatever works the best for your lifestyle.

Users who are viewing this thread