5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

does anyone like their ram??

popcenator

Reaction score
I love it. I truly enjoy driving it every time I get in it. The transmission had some shifting irregularities that a couple TSBs fixed. I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

gotmeahemi

Reaction score
I love it. I truly enjoy driving it every time I get in it. The transmission had some shifting irregularities that a couple TSBs fixed. I couldn't be happier.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I second all of this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

R

Rob5589

People come to forums looking for two things; modifications or to complain about issues. So far, mine is excellent. No issues (knock on wood) just did a long distance run from CA to ID and back without issue. Comfortable, easy to drive, 19.6 ave mpg. Hard to complain about that.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll I ever read on here is negativity
I disagree, there are PLENTY of positive, helpful, informative posts on 5thgenrams.
Yes, there are negative posts as well, but you can't blame anyone who just spent $40-60k on a dream truck and is having problems with it for venting a bit, and asking if anyone else has had the same trouble.
But I'd bet 95% of the "negativity" as you phrased it, is due to poor experiences with dealership service departments. Any reasonable person knows there are going to be teething problems with any brand-new, ultra-complicated vehicle like the 2019 Ram DT 1500 - it was a massive step forward in terms of new technology packed into the vehicle, and aside from the engine, was all-new from the wheels on up. The thing that makes new owners frustrated and angry is the denials by FCA corporate and the poor service and lack of customer appreciation they receive at the hands of the dealership service departments.
That's my take on it, anyway.

Last edited:

Heli-Pilot

Reaction score
I love my RAM! So much nicer that my 2011 Tundra. Got spoiled driving the Chargers when I travel for work. The RAM is like driving a Charger but in truck form so I can haul my dirt bike and pull my travel trailer! Best thing I have done for myself in years!

moosem

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I love my truck. It is my favorite vehicle that I have ever owned by far.

I have had it for exactly one year and 12,000 miles. So far I have had no major issues with it, and only a few minor ones that are just nuisances really.

Even after one year of ownership, I still find myself going out to the garage for no other reason than to just stare at it. I have never fealt so emotionally connected to a vehicle in my life.

The RAMs are not perfect, but they are, without a doubt, the coolest trucks that money can buy.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As stated before most people are here for mods and issues that others may have already encountered. I have not one regret with purchasing my truck except not going with a higher trim package that was out of my budget haha.

kblast523

Reaction score
Likewise, my dealer can go to Hell, I'll never miss them. Finest automotive machine I've owned in 50 years. After my wife (co-owner) was contacted by TexDot regarding Lemon Law buy back claim I filed against FCA US LLC on mine I've owned six months, she asked me, "Do you really want for them to buy back this truck? I REALLY like it." NO...I want them to fix it!

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
15+k miles and n mine. Currently on a cross country from Michigan to San Diego. One of the most comfortable trucks I’ve ever owned, and there have been many. The tech has been incredible on this trip. Everything is/has always worked as advertised. Fuel economy is just under 20MPG. No complaints here.

Scott_65

Ram Guru
Reaction score
First truck I’ve ever owned and absolutely love my Limited!

DAM951

Reaction score
I’m very happy with mine. Owned Chevy my whole life, first Ram and its been great. FLowmaster Outlaw 409 on their way as we speak!

Users who are viewing this thread