5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Does anyone actually pay for UConnect?

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Yeah it's free for the first year, but frankly its extremely limited in the information and functionality. I get that x3 for free... in my other vehicles (non FCA). I downloaded the my mopar app.. which is also kind of useless IMO too.

UConnect seems to use Sirius so it seems there is some licensing and 3rd party costs associated with maintaining it. Maybe that's why Audi, Mercedes and Subaru developed their own?

What am I missing? I feel like I'm missing something given all the tech in this day and age.. I cant see why it would be worth $25 a month.

Natty Joe

Reaction score
I got 5 years free with my 2021 but I don't plan on paying for it, once it expires

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Lol.. maybe I got 5 years free.. I didnt really pay attention to it. Lol

Natty Joe

Reaction score
Can you clarify more about 5 years free on your? Mine 19MY, the 5 year free only for the weather, traffic etc....
My window sticker said SiriusXM Guardian was free for 5 years. That's what Uconnect uses to talk to the vehicle, unless I'm mistaken.

Attachments

• 20201214_153659.jpg
    20201214_153659.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 84
  • Screenshot_20201214-153302_Uconnect.jpg
    Screenshot_20201214-153302_Uconnect.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 84

Morenar

Reaction score
What I hate is those that have 12 in Uconnect do not get any vehicle details like tire pressure, mileage, fuel remaining, etc reported in the app. My GM had that on a 2017 model.

Awood05

Reaction score
What I hate is those that have 12 in Uconnect do not get any vehicle details like tire pressure, mileage, fuel remaining, etc reported in the app. My GM had that on a 2017 model.
Agreed. Ford Pass also shows way more vehicle details as compared to the UConnect App. It seems very limited in it’s capabilities.

Ryancassidy

Reaction score
Yeah my GLC63 has Tire Pressure, Trip Details, Fuel, You can open/Close the Sunroof and Windows, Remote Start, Remote Lock/Unlock, Fuel Level, Start Battery Level, Checks on Brake Pads, Brake Fluid, Coolant, Washer Fluid, Status on all the doors.. Next Service Date, Odometer Reading.. Ohh.. and it's all free.. lol.

And probably a few other things I haven't uncovered yet.

Morenar

Reaction score
Agreed. Ford Pass also shows way more vehicle details as compared to the UConnect App. It seems very limited in it’s capabilities.
Just chatted with FCA and they still have no update on when it will be available for the 12in Uconnect.

Trippi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I might pay for it after the first year. I will say that On Star was a much better system, literally saved my mom's life in a car accident and I like calling a real person and asking them to find and send me driving directions. UConnect seems a little more clunky but when I want it I like the option to remotely lock, unlock and start the vehicle. I can save $25 in other places.

U

User_3336

After the trial for UCONNECT/Sirius Guardian, you will be blasted for renewal offers. Ignore them, and they offer gets better. I was offered 6 months of Guardian for $60, but still passed.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just chatted with FCA and they still have no update on when it will be available for the 12in Uconnect.
Because it NEVER will be...need to move on ;) With U5 coming out in 2022, don't expect anything more out of your U4. Personally, I am oki with it and got over it a year ago.

DannyMc

Reaction score
I was able to negotiate a discount with Sirius on renewal. The Send n Go feature where you can look up a business or location on the phone app, then send it to the vehicle is very useful. I also use Send n Go on my 2015 200C. The app lets you toggle between subscribed vehicles.

bazbob

Reaction score
I called last week since my 2020 1500 Limited is now almost 1 year old. I asked about any promotions and they had a $60 for 6 months offer that I picked up for the top tier service package. Not a bad price. Before it expires in June, I call again and see what they have at that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online