5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

dodge ram 1500 limited 2019 NAVIGATE MAP WRONG LOCATION

joetamir

Reaction score
Hello, I'm own a dodge ram 1500 limited 2019,
And my navigate map is not working, This shows the wrong location of the car. I try to make update with the usb, I don't really get what I need to do.
There is a possibility to add an application to the software? , I do not have solutions anymore, even the UCONNECT does not work.
and their technical support does not help, they just want to make me UP SELL, and sell push me a price. I'd rather fix it on my own
the support was spending my time and let me drive in circle like a retard in a parking line.
any help?

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I typically use Google Maps via Apple CarPlay, but I’ve found the UConnect navigation to be accurate as well.

MJB

Reaction score
If it's a 2019 just take it to the dealer. If it's something wrong with the software they'll fix it. If it's something you are doing wrong they'll show you how to use the GPS properly.

Lonestar21

Reaction score
The factory nav is not that great I’ve had this situation happen to me on my 4th gen Ram.

Kept telling to turn when I didn’t have to.
After that I never trusted the system and since then I just use Google maps or Waze thru apple play

MJB

Reaction score
The factory nav is not that great I’ve had this situation happen to me on my 4th gen Ram.

Kept telling to turn when I didn’t have to.
After that I never trusted the system and since then I just use Google maps or Waze thru apple play

I haven't noticed any issues with the factory nav, but I do use the Google maps. I just like it better.

SRRouse

Reaction score
I typically use Google Maps via Apple CarPlay, but I’ve found the UConnect navigation to be accurate as well.
MY 2019 has a very outdated map. Shows exits and on ramps that no longer exist or have move a considerable distance. Judging from the file name, I suspect the map in by 2019 is from the 2nd quarter 2017.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Nav is outdated almost 2 years. I contacted FCA, they sent me to the Map creater, HERE Maps. Here was their response. I guess to them, new trucks with 2 year old maps is okay, and updating every 2 years is perfectly acceptable for a $1,200 uConnect.
- - - - - - - -
Thank you for inquiring about HERE Technologies. Your 2019 Ram 1500 came equipped with the newest maps currently available. At this time, the release date of the next update has not been officially announced. Generally updates are released every 12-18 months.
To check the availability of new map updates for your vehicle, please visitwww.navigation.com periodically or you can check with your nearest authorized Dodge/Ram dealership. We do apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused for you.

If you need additional assistance, please send us your feedback by replying to this email.

Kind regards,
HERE Technologies
Customer Service
P.O. Box 1588
Orem, UT 84059

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
MY 2019 has a very outdated map. Shows exits and on ramps that no longer exist or have move a considerable distance. Judging from the file name, I suspect the map in by 2019 is from the 2nd quarter 2017.
I'd buy that. I've noticed lately that it is missing information from a couple of recent highway expansions near me.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hello, I'm own a dodge ram 1500 limited 2019,
And my navigate map is not working, This shows the wrong location of the car. I try to make update with the usb, I don't really get what I need to do.
There is a possibility to add an application to the software? , I do not have solutions anymore, even the UCONNECT does not work.
and their technical support does not help, they just want to make me UP SELL, and sell push me a price. I'd rather fix it on my own
the support was spending my time and let me drive in circle like a retard in a parking line.
any help?

Welcome to the forums, hopefully you've gotten some advice on this that's steering you in the right direction. The NAV is a pain, and in some cases, just straight up doesn't work as advertised or depicted in the manual.

For reference, the yellow text I can work with, and would gladly spend my time deciphering in order to help you.

The red text makes me not want to help you at all. Also, it makes even less sense than everything else.

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Navteq seems to be the biggest supplier of maps in the USA. If you can imagine how often local roads change, new developments go in etc etc you can imagine why its a pretty impossible task to keep maps 100% up to date. Its not like road changes are static. You really cannot expect them to be perfect.

riccnick

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Navteq seems to be the biggest supplier of maps in the USA. If you can imagine how often local roads change, new developments go in etc etc you can imagine why its a pretty impossible task to keep maps 100% up to date. Its not like road changes are static. You really cannot expect them to be perfect.

I believe ours are supplied by HERE Maps

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vehicle navigation systems will always be out of date with roadways changing virtually daily and the systems aren't connected to the internet, like Google maps. My Jeep navigation system is basically 5 years old and it still gets me to places I'm unfamiliar with. Is it perfect? No, but it sure beats using paper maps. :)

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Vehicle navigation systems will always be out of date with roadways changing virtually daily and the systems aren't connected to the internet, like Google maps. My Jeep navigation system is basically 5 years old and it still gets me to places I'm unfamiliar with. Is it perfect? No, but it sure beats using paper maps. :)
But they can and do connect to the internet. That's how they push updates and therefore should be updated. It's essentially a software update/patch. Every 6 months or 1 year would be a reasonable push. When designing a whole new model truck, with a $60K and up price tag, and a $1,200 upgrade option (Uconnect), that option/map should at least be updated. Would you buy a new iPhone 11 with 2G coverage, or 256mb memory. I think not! At least work up the software for the new models, and patch the legacy one's over time. It a sore spot obviously to offer a new model, with an upgraded option at a steep cost $1,200 (Uconnect) and have the software be 2 years out of date. It's like buying a new Samsung or Pixel phone that runs on software that was put out 4 years ago. Let's Make New, New Again! lol

PS - I heard they are going to come out with roll up windows and those little triangle door windows again for the 2020 Rams! o_O HAHAHA

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
But they can and do connect to the internet. That's how they push updates and therefore should be updated. It's essentially a software update/patch. Every 6 months or 1 year would be a reasonable push. When designing a whole new model truck, with a $60K and up price tag, and a $1,200 upgrade option (Uconnect), that option/map should at least be updated. Would you buy a new iPhone 11 with 2G coverage, or 256mb memory. I think not! At least work up the software for the new models, and patch the legacy one's over time. It a sore spot obviously to offer a new model, with an upgraded option at a steep cost $1,200 (Uconnect) and have the software be 2 years out of date. It's like buying a new Samsung or Pixel phone that runs on software that was put out 4 years ago. Let's Make New, New Again! lol

PS - I heard they are going to come out with roll up windows and those little triangle door windows again for the 2020 Rams! o_O HAHAHA
My $113,000 Z06 convertible had a navigation system from 2015 and it still has it. Haven't bothered to update it yet. Yeah, it shows me driving in Lake Monroe everytime I get off I-4 near my house. Not a big deal to me.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My $113,000 Z06 convertible had a navigation system from 2015 and it still has it. Haven't bothered to update it yet. Yeah, it shows me driving in Lake Monroe everytime I get off I-4 near my house. Not a big deal to me.

Lol. Yeah, and my $1,000 iPhone X has rotary dial. Lol!!

Users who are viewing this thread