5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you ever start to get out of your truck without turning it off?

Bits4brains

Reaction score
I dont know if its because my Ram is so quiet, or if Im still not used to pushing a button to turn it off. OR if Im just getting old and senile. Very often I tend to pull back in my driveway after an errand or what not, turn the dial to park, pull my electric E brake then open the door to get out, only then I realize its still running!! My wife made fun of me today when I did this when she was with me! Is it just me???

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I dont know if its because my Ram is so quiet, or if Im still not used to pushing a button to turn it off. OR if Im just getting old and senile. Very often I tend to pull back in my driveway after an errand or what not, turn the dial to park, pull my electric E brake then open the door to get out, only then I realize its still running!! My wife made fun of me today when I did this when she was with me! Is it just me???
I’m going with old and senile. And maybe deaf too. 😬

Maddawg1500

Reaction score
First post! I’ve left mine running twice now! I think not having a key to turn makes it easier to do.

Cudapower

Reaction score
All the time, if you live on a farm you are in and out of it all the time. I wish I could back up and drive through gates with the door open. That e brake thing is stupid.

Bits4brains

Reaction score
You know it won't automatically release the e brake if my seat belt is unbuckled so you would think it would automatically turn off if I leave the truck! :unsure:

CanRebel

Reaction score
I seem to be doing that more than I should. Just getting old, I guess :)
Keep forgetting my phone in wireless charger as well.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I haven't left it running, but the key fob needs a home, what a nightmare that's become. There should be a place to put it, like just to the right of the steering wheel, where the start button is, where we used to put the key

Richard320

Reaction score
LA County, People's Republic of California
I haven't left it running, but the key fob needs a home, what a nightmare that's become. There should be a place to put it, like just to the right of the steering wheel, where the start button is, where we used to put the key
Mine lives in my pocket.

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I haven't yet, but I'm going to go check since I was on the phone when I pulled up to work this morning....

Scram1500

Reaction score
Mine lives in my pocket.
I dont have proximity doors so it has to leave my pocket, sometimes it goes back, sometimes it lands in the cup holder, sometimes it vaporizes. The best was the other day when I started my mother-inlaw's Pacifica for her and she drove away. 30 minutes later I get the call that it wont start because the fob is in my pocket

Jim N

Reaction score
I've done it. Also have gone to put it in park and turned down the volume. Have also, several times ,gone to put it in park but only made it to reverse and taken my foot off the brake.

FLiPMaRC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I put my key fob on a carabiner and keep it Clipped to my belt loop.
Same here. But one day it somehow unclipped and fell in between the seat and console. Took me almost an hour to find it. Now it's on a carabiner and a lanyard :ROFLMAO:

Users who are viewing this thread