5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you actually use your panoramic sunroof?

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I use mine all the time and love it! I owned 2 previous Rams with the sunroofs for 16 years total and only had one problem when there was some major wind 70+MPH that made a very small amount of water come in. I was and still am Happy with all three Rams that had sunroofs.

Tarheel14

Reaction score
I like mine as well but I had to ceramic tint it because they are hot. It only has a small fabric shade not like the regular style and the heat comes through and it’s very noticeable. Even when shut.

I lie the lighting for sure but the drawback is the heat.

When I had my windows tinted they recommended not tinting the sunroof. Because of the sun shade being dark... they said it can trap heat and cause the sunroof to become extremely hot and shatter. My wifes Audi has a big sunroof and she had it tinted and weve had no issues.

Tarheel14

Reaction score
The sunroof was one of the options on my must have list. I use it all the time. I open it and the slider and you get a nice breeze blowing thru the cab. I can still use the Bluetooth phone and have minimal wind noise. I love it. We haven't hit our 110* days yet but then Ill just keep the shade closed.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
Great thread. Is there a speed limit on the pano roof when it’s open and you are on the highway? Just curious. I’ve had tons of sunroofs but never had the mesh bit quite as large and my RAM vehicle book is at the dealer awaiting me to pick it up

I required the pano roof as I think the above remarks accurately speak to the mood it sets.

I am totally smitten by my truck. It’s almost embarrassing at times. When people ask how I like it usually I’d say “I like it enough” or “it’s nice” or “so far so good” but these days, I can’t refrain from childishly smiling BIG.

silverbullet

Reaction score
I'll always take issue with the word "exploded". We just live in a 'bomb cyclone' sort of world and glass can always break. Funny how there have been zero, count em', zero serious injuries related as a result of an explosion, which is odd? Leaking and noise from wind and rubber seals is a more realistic and likely worry to have IMO. That said I've had lots of sunroofs and never had a serious issue, ever. Noisy seals that need lubed up? Every one I've owned eventually needs a bit of grease applied.

RoosterWyo

Reaction score
I love the panoramic sunroof in my Longhorn! I drive with at least the cover open most of the time. The view from the backseat is incredible (apparently... I wouldn't know ) and it makes the huge cab feel even more spacious. It's nice and quiet, thanks to the great design. I can't recommend it enough.

~Rooster
2019 Ram 1500 Longhorn

Nightmare90gt

Reaction score
I ordered my truck without one because I knew I wouldn't use. My wife's Kia has one and we have only opened it up a handful of times.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Whelp, I ordered my truck today - with the pano sunroof....

Ya did the right thing : )

If you wouldn't of gotten it, you definitely would've gotten over it, but from my experience & most ppl's opinion here, the Pano roof is, "the gift that keeps on giving" : )

(And that is exactly how i feel about RAMBOX, but i'd be lucky to find 10 ppl in a thousand to agree with me...lol)

Last edited:

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
... it was one of my prerequisites for ordering the REBEL but since I had to go Crew Cab just to obtain it, I built out a Laramie Sport. (now they are saying since I selected the eTorque, I can't get Pano roof .. they are trying though.)

But YES I would be using it every single day -- I miss the Malibu because it had a nice sun/moon-roof.

duke2001

Ram Guru
Reaction score
QUTOE FROM A AUTO GLASS INSTALLER

Tinting Doesn’t Break Glass…Imperfect Glass Breaks Glass
Tinting a piece of glass, even your sunroof, will not inherently break the glass, but if there are already imperfections in the glass that make it structurally vulnerable it can increase the chance of the glass falling. This is due to the fact that the tint, to do the job that it’s intended to do, changes the amount of heat that the glass can absorb. This change in heat absorption can change the way that the glass expands and contracts when it heats up or cools. This change can lead to glass that already is vulnerable to cracking or breaking. It has nothing to do with the tint material or process, as you can now see, but rather the quality and condition of the glass itself.

Quiet

Reaction score
If I was ordering a truck, I'd leave it off. I bought my Limited off the lot and it has one, so it's there. My 2012 Explorer had one as well, and I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I actually used it over the years.

That said, I have opened it up on my Ram a couple of times, but I suspect that's more "ooo new toy!" rather than the start of a new habit.

BlckDT

Reaction score
Still utilizing it. I had a standard sunroof in my Jeep Grand Cherokee and used it much of the time. Will do the same, if not more often, with the pano.

b59591f42386a0042f5487dea2845868.jpg

dd10a28620225ee3685c79e060549589.jpg

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device

Texas Woody

Reaction score
I absolutely love the panoramic sunroof. I had my detailer put Xpel Prime XR Plus 45 tint on it, and it adds just the right amount of darkness to it on these sunny Houston days.

The tint also cuts down a ton on the heat coming through the sunroof - 97% of the IR from 780 nm to 1700 nm. Super important to our AC performance here in Houston!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSGCobra

Reaction score
This was a must for me especially coming from a Jeep Wrangler.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online