5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you actually use your panoramic sunroof?

BlckDT

Reaction score
Absolutely love mine. Had regular sunroofs in all my other vehicles. This took it to the next level.

IMG_1677.jpg

BlueStreak19

Reaction score
I agree with most here. The pano roof is the single best option on the truck! No issues at all it is very quiet both open and closed. I never close the shade as i enjoy the extra light in the cab and how open it makes it feel. This is extra nice on a gloomy day or during the winter. Overall a must have in my opinion.

Johnvan

Reaction score
I didn't care about getting it when I was shopping. My previous vehicle had a sunroof and it was pretty small and I never used it.
This panoramic roof is in an entirely different league. It let's in so much light. Sitting in the back is great. The rear middle seat is actually a great place to sit because of the view.
Occasionally I have to close the shade because it can really bake you if the sun is at the wrong angle.

Ranger482

Reaction score
Echo what many others have said, it is a great feature, use it every day. Opens the truck up, lets in tons of light and many options to open or tilt and open windows or rear cab window for airflow. One of the best options on the truck.

cra1g

Reaction score
Like others have said, I use it more than I thought I would. If I had ordered my truck, I probably wouldn't have included it, but now I'm glad I got it.

MattF

Reaction score
That's my single regret when I ordered my truck - not getting the sun roof... If I could do it over I'd get it.

Matt

69Sting

Reaction score
We love the sunroof. I open it up a lot once it is over 60 degrees. Found that at 60 to 75 I would rather have the roof open and back window open for air. Makes a great breeze through the cab but a whole lot less noise than having a window cracked or open. Any time we do a family trip, the shade is open and the wife loves the sun coming in. If I didn't have to park outside for work, I don't think the shade would ever be closed.
My only advise is if you are bald, keep a hat inside the truck.

Texas Woody

Reaction score
I like mine as well but I had to ceramic tint it because they are hot. It only has a small fabric shade not like the regular style and the heat comes through and it’s very noticeable. Even when shut.

I lie the lighting for sure but the drawback is the heat.

How much has the ceramic tint cut down on the heat coming through the pano sunroof, in your estimation? I'm planning to do the same to mine. Did you tint it and make it darker, or just go for heat reduction?

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have one, don’t use it. I got it cause the dealer lot truck had it, most limiteds do. I don’t really care for it, and it detracts from payload as well. But, it doesn’t leak (try that Ford) and it will help on resale.

Atretes1

Reaction score
I run my shade open all the time. It's a must for me. I love it. Next week I am adding ceramic tint to it.

Last edited:

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
For those of you who might not realize this. After you open your sunroof, hit the open button one more time for a larger opening.

That's true but you can get some significant buffeting when opened all the way.

I always have a sun/moonroof in the vehicles that have them available or convertible if that's an option. Even so, I'm just an occasional "opener". In summertime the sun is too intense in Florida to use it or even open the shade during the day.

I'm in Michigan for a few months to get my mother in law's house ready to sell as we became caregivers for her last year. I haven't even thought of opening it since I got up here (outside of metro Detroit) because it's frigging cold and rainy. Not liking the weather at all.

Bellpa

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVE mine. Love seeing the big sky while in my truck. I've even gotten compliments of how much tanner I look! :ROFLMAO:

BlckDT

Reaction score
For those of you who might not realize this. After you open your sunroof, hit the open button one more time for a larger opening.

Wow thanks! Awesome. Doing this and no buffeting going on. Of course my back glass slide window is open and my side windows halfway.

I’m in Michigan and love the full pano! Came from standard moonroof setup.

—-|||RAM|||—-
Phil

sent from my mobile device

Reactions: A10

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Whomever said the shade doesn’t work, what!? I’ve been in Texas, Alabama, and Florida in the heat with the shade closed. There’s no noticeable heat from the roof. And my shade isn’t some half done deal either, so don’t know what’s going on there.

You only “need” to tint it if you plan to leave the shade open during the summer.

As for the original question, same as others said. Never used them before, never really cared about them, but I like this one. Plus for resale it’s nice if that’s your thing.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Whomever said the shade doesn’t work, what!? I’ve been in Texas, Alabama, and Florida in the heat with the shade closed. There’s no noticeable heat from the roof. And my shade isn’t some half done deal either, so don’t know what’s going on there.

You only “need” to tint it if you plan to leave the shade open during the summer.

As for the original question, same as others said. Never used them before, never really cared about them, but I like this one. Plus for resale it’s nice if that’s your thing.
Resale was the big thing for me. I did not need 4x4 and was going to order the limited with no sunroof and 20’s. Then I thought about just how well that would go over 5 years from now trying to resell... probably not too well.
So I “went with popular opinion”. *4x, sunroof, 22’s). I did exclude the level 1 safety/HK audio but theres at least as many w/o that as have it. Sunroofs? Over 80% of the trucks I looked at from Laramie on up had one. 4x was on at least 50%, and thats here in NC, not known as a “snow belt state”...

Fidomac

Reaction score
I'm looking at building my replacement vehicle, and I'm questioning whether or not a panoramic sunroof is worth it. I remember having them in my college years, but I haven't had one in probably 20 years or so. I keep thinking how it would be nice to be able to look out the sunroof, but then I read stuff about exploding sunroofs and leaking sunroofs and wonder if it's really worth the expense and hassle.

How many of you have purchased the panoramic sunroof and actually use it more than once or twice a month?
I live in the Midwest and it's either too hot, too cold, too windy or raining..... waste of money in my opinion

MJP

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm looking at building my replacement vehicle, and I'm questioning whether or not a panoramic sunroof is worth it. I remember having them in my college years, but I haven't had one in probably 20 years or so. I keep thinking how it would be nice to be able to look out the sunroof, but then I read stuff about exploding sunroofs and leaking sunroofs and wonder if it's really worth the expense and hassle.

How many of you have purchased the panoramic sunroof and actually use it more than once or twice a month?
I have had sunroofs in my past 12+ vehicles and consider it a must have for me. As weird as it may be, I never open them. I love the light they bring into the cabin and pano roofs are absolutely incredible in this regard. I love the pano in my Ram and consider it worth every cent even if I never open it while owning the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread