5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you actually use your panoramic sunroof?

bdm219

Reaction score
I love mine!! After having a pano, I don't know if I could ever go back to a regular sunroof. It's very rare that I ever close the sunshade. I love all the light that it lets in.

Steph1975

Reaction score
I'm looking at building my replacement vehicle, and I'm questioning whether or not a panoramic sunroof is worth it. I remember having them in my college years, but I haven't had one in probably 20 years or so. I keep thinking how it would be nice to be able to look out the sunroof, but then I read stuff about exploding sunroofs and leaking sunroofs and wonder if it's really worth the expense and hassle.

How many of you have purchased the panoramic sunroof and actually use it more than once or twice a month?
I just got my Ram on the 13th and I’ve used the panoramic roof every day when the weather allowed which hasn’t been many in MI so far:( I’ve had traditional sunroofs in most of my vehicles and used them off and on but this panoramic feature is really nice. It’s almost like having a convertible lol! It was one of my “must haves” when I went looking for the truck.

_StangPGH

Reaction score
I'm only a week into RAM ownership but absolutely love the pano roof. Roof and back glass open, rest of the windows closed is perfect on the highway in milder temps.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

BlckDT

Reaction score
Thought I’d add to why I love the pano. While sitting in the back, wife got some great shots during our Traverse City, MI vacay.

Thunderbirds were In town and they happened to be performing over us while we drove into town.
0C0DEE5D-90BF-47D8-968A-46C74AE736E6.jpeg

Took a Pierce Stockings scenic drive at Sleepy Bear Dunes park. Great pano scenery. Will be back in fall during the color change for sure.

3ABF8C4C-E447-40FE-AD5B-90FFA3CFCCA8.jpeg

A1ECAAA6-72B7-4049-BD0E-4BA61D68C551.jpeg

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I use mine all the time. It’s one of the coolest features

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BSea

Reaction score
I personally looked for a truck without the sunroof. My last 2 vehicles didn't have one, and I never wished otherwise. But what I wanted was on the lot, except it also had a sunroof. so I said "What the heck. My wife & grandkids will love it." And they do. So even though it will be shut when I'm by myself. It will get used whenever I have company in the truck.

rrbhokies

Reaction score
As soon as the temps drop below 95 degress with high humidy (Which probably won't be until September) I'll start using the sunroof. But for now, it's everything I can do to keep the cabin cool given the weak-a$$ airconditioning unit Ram gave us (which amounts to little more than an expensive fan).

Tundralag

Reaction score
I had two new BMW’s a new Volvo XC90 all with sunroofs. Never once did I even open the sliding headliner.. just never saw a use for one.. glad my 19 longhorn didn’t have one..

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Whomever said the shade doesn’t work, what!? I’ve been in Texas, Alabama, and Florida in the heat with the shade closed. There’s no noticeable heat from the roof. And my shade isn’t some half done deal either, so don’t know what’s going on there.

You only “need” to tint it if you plan to leave the shade open during the summer.

As for the original question, same as others said. Never used them before, never really cared about them, but I like this one. Plus for resale it’s nice if that’s your thing.
Agree. Mine is fine with the shade closed.
I love my pano roof. I don’t open it much, but I do ride with the shade retracted. Love all the light coming in.

ppowell1983

Reaction score
I absolutely love the panoramic roof. Opened up the shade the day I got the truck and haven’t closed it yet. I love sunroofs for the light mostly, but with the roof open and the back glass window open it’s a perfect breeze and no buffeting, I use it anytime it’s not raining (not often in Chicago lately) or it’s under 95 degrees. One of the best features.

barakutha

Reaction score
Absolutely love it. Makes the interior feel bigger and more airy
cf525be3a81a6860e51c8568a064e138.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread