5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Rebels come with all weather mats STOCK?

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
For anyone in the know, when you buy a brand new Rebel (mine is a 2019 and if it matters, leather, Level 2, etc) do they come with the all weather mats as a stock piece? In that, all the trucks have them?

I ask because when I bought mine, the sales person said it came with no mats. Zero. Not even carpet mats. So I drove off. But then I thought, NFW, so I called back and someone else said, nah man, come grab some carpet ones that were meant to be in there. Which I did and not knowing any better, they have white lettering, and the Rebels (apparently) are supposed to be red lettering. I wouldn't know, this is what I was told elsewhere ...

So I decide, I'd like to order all weather mats with the dealer, so I do the very next day, and surprise, they give me the all black ones. Once again, I didn't know Rebel rubber mats had the red RAM logo so I figure all is well.

Until today, go in to get the mat replaced, dealer punches in my VIN and says, I can give you one drivers side mat, with the red logo. I explain the above and he says sorry, you're SOL because we use the VIN of the truck and your VIN says red logo on the mat.

So now what????

I thought buying this new truck was going to be great, but these little things have really started to **** me off....

Fatherof3

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I’ve heard 2 different terminologies for the mats 1 being all weather and 1 being off road style mats . Either way it should have come with them when new .

iLikeTurtles

Reaction score
For anyone in the know, when you buy a brand new Rebel (mine is a 2019 and if it matters, leather, Level 2, etc) do they come with the all weather mats as a stock piece? In that, all the trucks have them?

I ask because when I bought mine, the sales person said it came with no mats. Zero. Not even carpet mats. So I drove off. But then I thought, NFW, so I called back and someone else said, nah man, come grab some carpet ones that were meant to be in there. Which I did and not knowing any better, they have white lettering, and the Rebels (apparently) are supposed to be red lettering. I wouldn't know, this is what I was told elsewhere ...

So I decide, I'd like to order all weather mats with the dealer, so I do the very next day, and surprise, they give me the all black ones. Once again, I didn't know Rebel rubber mats had the red RAM logo so I figure all is well.

Until today, go in to get the mat replaced, dealer punches in my VIN and says, I can give you one drivers side mat, with the red logo. I explain the above and he says sorry, you're SOL because we use the VIN of the truck and your VIN says red logo on the mat.

So now what????

I thought buying this new truck was going to be great, but these little things have really started to **** me off....
Message @RamCares. They should be able to assist as I believe they are suppose to come with it. If not, they can confirm.

The rebel I test drove had them in an unopened box in the back seat.

silverWS6

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It should've came with them. Mine came with the mats, with the red Ram head logo.

The build sheet says "off road truck rubber floor mats".

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My Rebel came with the mats. AFAIK they are a part of the "Rebel"package.
Look on the RAM build page or the window sticker that came with your truck.
No mats sounds like B.S and someone wanting to make an extra buck.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
All Rebels should come with all-weather mats, typically they are in a nearly flat cardboard box in the rear seats prior to delivery.

Hemogoblin

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I will confront the dealership and ask why I had to pay for the mats, when they should have been present.

rnoggle

Reaction score
You should also get the rear mat. It's a 2 piece that goeas all the way cross the rear floorboard.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone. I will confront the dealership and ask why I had to pay for the mats, when they should have been present.

Yup, they are part of the basic Rebel package, not even an option. The window sticker will say "Off-Road Truck Rubber Floor Mats" on the INTERIOR FEATURES section of your window sticker.

Note, you can download your original window sticker and build sheet right off the FCA site and show them.

Window Sticker (add your vin to the end of this link - https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Build Sheet Site - https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing

scottmoyer

Ram Guru
Reaction score
While shopping for my Rebel, the local dealer had all weather rubber mats in the truck I test drove. They had a supplemental sticker for dealer add-ons, and the all weather mats were listed for $350. I asked about it and was told that the Rebel doesn't come with mats, so if I wanted the all weather mats, it was chargeable.

On the window sticker (for 2021), the very last item listed under Interior Standard Features, was the Off Road rubber floor mats by MOPAR. This was not listed as part of a package with a cost, but part of the Standard Features listing. I challenged the dealer and they said the mats in the truck were an upgrade over the factory mats, so there was still an upcharge.

Dealers are evil in so many ways. I could never feel bad about making them fix something or providing something for free. They have stolen from so many people that I feel some levels of justice every time I screw them!

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Standard on my rebel with the silver rams head logo. Listened as “mopar off-road truck rubber floor mats” in the build sheet.

Rebelguy2020

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yup, they are part of the basic Rebel package, not even an option. The window sticker will say "Off-Road Truck Rubber Floor Mats" on the INTERIOR FEATURES section of your window sticker.

Note, you can download your original window sticker and build sheet right off the FCA site and show them.

Window Sticker (add your vin to the end of this link - https://www.chrysler.com/hostd/windowsticker/getWindowStickerPdf.do?vin=

Build Sheet Site - https://fcacommunity.force.com/RAM/s/equipment-listing
When I bought my 2020 Rebel in July, I wanted to add the all weather mats but the salesman told me they were included with all Rebels.

I do have the personalized window sticker saying “this vehicle is specially build for Guy L.”
No where on it does it specifies all weather mats. All it says is “customer preferred equipment package 28W Rebel” but again no mats are on the list.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I bought my 2020 Rebel in July, I wanted to add the all weather mats but the salesman told me they were included with all Rebels.

I do have the personalized window sticker saying “this vehicle is specially build for Guy L.”
No where on it does it specifies all weather mats. All it says is “customer preferred equipment package 28W Rebel” but again no mats are on the list.
Ya my window sticker does not mention them either, but the equipment listing does as standard equipment.

Attachments

• 28EFBF79-D32A-47DC-89C0-98CFEE8F3905.png
    28EFBF79-D32A-47DC-89C0-98CFEE8F3905.png
    279.8 KB · Views: 11

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score

So now what????

Window stickers can contain errors but the build sheet is king. If it's supposed to be included, it will be on the build sheet. Use the link provided by SD Rebel above and see if they're listed there. There are always going to be outliers, so it really doesn't matter what other people have experienced. Check the build sheet and go forward from there. If it lists them and your truck came without, you have a leg to stand on. But going in and saying you should have gotten them because you read in a forum that most people who bought Rebels got them won't get you anywhere with a dealership that's resisting. I suspect an employee decided they wanted the floor mats so they grabbed them before you took delivery. Happens more than people know.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Window stickers can contain errors but the build sheet is king. If it's supposed to be included, it will be on the build sheet. Use the link provided by SD Rebel above and see if they're listed there. There are always going to be outliers, so it really doesn't matter what other people have experienced. Check the build sheet and go forward from there. If it lists them and your truck came without, you have a leg to stand on. But going in and saying you should have gotten them because you read in a forum that most people who bought Rebels got them won't get you anywhere with a dealership that's resisting. I suspect an employee decided they wanted the floor mats so they grabbed them before you took delivery. Happens more than people know.

I tried to explain this to customer care and multiple dealers about the “tailgate ajar warning” and was told I have it but in order for it to work you have to have the multi function tailgate or parallel park assist. Total crap if you ask me, been in talks with lawyers about a class action suite or false advertising case for months now.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I tried to explain this to customer care and multiple dealers about the “tailgate ajar warning” and was told I have it but in order for it to work you have to have the multi function tailgate or parallel park assist. Total crap if you ask me, been in talks with lawyers about a class action suite or false advertising case for months now.
My Laramie has a functioning tailgate ajar warning, and my truck does not have the MFT or parallel park assist. Yeah, that's a load of crap. They lied to you.

Users who are viewing this thread