5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do Power Steps need oiling?

Striker99

Reaction score
Hi fellow RAM owners,

Do the Power Steps need greasing/oiling maintenance? I love my RAM Truck and would like to keep it for a long time.

Thanks for your responses.

LouCap

Reaction score
Hi fellow RAM owners,

Do the Power Steps need greasing/oiling maintenance? I love my RAM Truck and would like to keep it for a long time.

Thanks for your responses.

I've never heard of greasing hydraulic steps. I had a Chevy Avalanche with power steps for 6 years, and I never did any maintenance on them. They worked perfectly the whole time.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I use lithium grease on the moving parts just to keep everything lubed.

Ranger

Reaction score
Check owners manual/manufacturers instructions (not sure if you have OEM steps or not)

I used white lithium on my AMP steps on my previous trucks once a year, but that was mostly to keep a barrier between the hardware and the winter salt.

I do remember a couple times when a step would retract unevenly and the front portion would be an inch or so low from the rocker. I'd hit the front bracket with a few shots of wd40, cycle the step, and it would be back to normal

Users who are viewing this thread