5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I need to replace my UCA's?

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
save your money and do it right brother. get a suspension level. not spacers/pucks.
def. doing it this time around

i just hated the rake look when i 1st got the truck and seen some YT videos and found the links for $99 on ebay and seemed simple enough

like i said i dont hate them but ive seen people brag about the redylift kit and the ability to use all air ride levels which i can not use offroad 1

i usually ride in normal but if i go to offroad 1 i get a message on the dash and it bounces like a low rider (hopper)

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
def. doing it this time around

i just hated the rake look when i 1st got the truck and seen some YT videos and found the links for $99 on ebay and seemed simple enough

like i said i dont hate them but ive seen people brag about the redylift kit and the ability to use all air ride levels which i can not use offroad 1

i usually ride in normal but if i go to offroad 1 i get a message on the dash and it bounces like a low rider (hopper)
Good man. I agree the rake is tough to look at. i have the suspension level i have and i have 1/2 inch of rake. so although i myself can notice, some dont. then again i tow dirtbikes/quads, a boat, sand car so it helps i guess. I mean if you are to cheap to do it right and bragging is the best people can do ( no offense lol) and if your going to do it yeah Readylift would probably be the way to go. I just wouldnt do it.

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Good man. I agree the rake is tough to look at. i have the suspension level i have and i have 1/2 inch of rake. so although i myself can notice, some dont. then again i tow dirtbikes/quads, a boat, sand car so it helps i guess. I mean if you are to cheap to do it right and bragging is the best people can do ( no offense lol) and if your going to do it yeah Readylift would probably be the way to go. I just wouldnt do it.
are you on air? im reading your mod list and i see u have the bilstein 6112 and 5100 rear?

Slutzk

Cooling off
Reaction score
are you on air? im reading your mod list and i see u have the bilstein 6112 and 5100 rear?
No sir. i opted out of air suspension, read to many horror stories on here and reddit when ordering my truck lol
Yes thats correct setup... it was smoother and better than factory ride imo. i can eat dips and bumps much better now. im sure tires helped as well but yeah i absolutly love it and would recommend it to everyone. for the entire kit was 1k on sale at Shock Surplus.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I figure its for alignment purposes at the factory, theres also one at the back, I think on one of the rear control arms
That's for the air ride level sensors. If you don't have air ride it's not used. UCAs are the same whether you have air ride or not

DusterJoe

Reaction score
I just ordered the 2" lift kit control arms online via the local dealer. The dealer just called me and told me these do not fit my 2022 Big Horn non-air suspension. Told them to order the control arms for me anyway.

I ordered 68323530AA and 68323531AA Is there something I'm missing that these won't fit a 2022 Big Horn?

Thanks,

DusterJoe

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered the 2" lift kit control arms online via the local dealer. The dealer just called me and told me these do not fit my 2022 Big Horn non-air suspension. Told them to order the control arms for me anyway.

I ordered 68323530AA and 68323531AA Is there something I'm missing that these won't fit a 2022 Big Horn?

Thanks,

DusterJoe
The dealer is only looking up by VIN

1BADRAMLIMITED

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Thanks,

DusterJoe
Post #17 as @Redz72 shows on his big horn

They are manufactured for air ride but work in other trims

TheWaterman83

Reaction score
I just did the 2" level with Bilstein 5100's and I went with the Rough Country OEM upgraded UCA's. I didn't go with the 3-3.5" lift compatible ones because after speaking to RC, the OEM upgraded forged have additional travel specs and a better ball joint angle and they said they would work just fine.

I'd replace them for several reasons:

1) It's just a nice maintenance item to do.
2) If you go with an aftermarket like RC, you have replaceable ball joints to service if need be in the future.
3) You will probably benefit from the better ball joint angle.

Users who are viewing this thread