5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do I gain Uconnect when I upgrade from 8.4 to 12.1?

Nozzleman

Reaction score
So I'm upgrading from a non nav 8.4 to a 12.1 with nav. I was wondering if now I would have the ability to use Uconnect, obviously I'd have to pay for the subscription.
I'm wondering if I would gain the ability to use the app for locking, unlocking and remote start.

Thanks
JR

bill-e

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Uconnect requires the cell radio option in the truck. If you didn't have the ability to push a button on the mirror to call for assistance then no, the 12" radio won't do that for you.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Aw man!
Can I add the cell radio? Or is it not worth it.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Aw man!
Can I add the cell radio? Or is it not worth it.
The physical assist and sos buttons are not the reason. The cell card is in the radio module, so you have the capability. The reason you will never be able to get Sirius Guardian is because of your VIN. If your truck was not built with an 8.4 nav or 12” radio, then Sirius will not add guardian to your VIN after the fact, no matter how much hardware you change.

Nozzleman

Reaction score
Gotcha. Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread