5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DIY amber grill light install.

MikeyHo808

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What wire controls the amber side marker lights if I wanted to tap into those for a relay to add more amber grille lights. Or would it be better to tap into DRL wire? Anyone know color of that?
During the install, I too was hunting for a good circuit to tap. Manual does not plainly layout the front lamps and their respective fuses/wiring location. I used the trailer tow/park lamp block in the under-the-hood exterior fuse block, which made it a simple tap and play hookup. Works when parking lights are on, even lights up during remote start (cool!!!🤙🏽). No turn tho, just marker lights.

Julio13

Reaction score
I did same on trailer park lamp but it does not turn on at day time I installed at night time and they were on will it only turn on at night also any pictures of how you guys did connection to the trailer park lamp fuse would appreciate it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

piggyzw

Reaction score
Yes sir!

I didn't want to tap into factory wiring for the LED turn signals and I already had the CURT for my tailgate light bar.

I have 3 relays installed for my grille guard LEDs, a master, one for my DRL and one that kicks on my off road lights when I hit my high beams.

The thing with relays is they retain an electrical charge, so using a relay for a turn signal might end up with a turn signal LED continuing to light after the factory signal disengages.
I'm sure there is a creative way around that though!
Hi, how did you run the wires from the back to the front for the tune signal wiring? did you run them on the outside ? Also what wires in CURT did you tap into ?

Users who are viewing this thread